Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vision Affected?  (Read 2369 times)

Loobs72

• First Flush
Vision Affected?
« on: January 15, 2019, 07:49:56 AM »

Hi. I had blood tests a few months ago as I was having headaches and constant problems with my vision suddenly changing.  I was back and to from the opticians changing my contact lens prescription.  Eventually it settled down.  The GP confirmed I was going through the menopause. I hadn't had a period for 4-5 months then I had one in November. The headaches and vision problems and hot flushes stopped.  They are now happening again, headaches and flushes, including the vision issues, which makes me think my vision issues may be down to the menopause.  I have now gone 2 months since my last period and it's all starting again.  Has anyone else had problems with their vision down to the menopause?  Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vision Affected?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 10:25:50 AM »

Morning!  :welcomemm:  not particularly but do your eyes feel dry?

As oestrogen levels drop off the body may become dry: inside and out: skin, scalp, deep in the ears, nostrils, eyes and vagina.  Also muscles may become lax = aches and pains.   

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary of use. 

Letmein

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:02:52 AM »

Glad to read it isn't just me. It's exactly as describe. It fluctuates and usually on one eye. It gets better and back to normal and the it happens again.

All eye checks are fine. I put it down to the anxiety that hits me at time which I know is linked with the menopause.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 11:25:27 AM »

No one has put my vision problems down to menopause but since being post meno I have developed double vision, blurring and severe dry eye.  They've done all the important tests for the double vision and can't come up with a reason.  I'm seeing consultant again in feb as he thinks I'll need tear duct blocking for the dry eye x

Milamam

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 06:29:31 PM »

Hi,
Can these vision problems  be related to migranes? Sometimes you just get the aura (including vision disturbances) without an actual headache. Have any of your doctors mentioned or explored this option?

Migranes are very common to occur in peri - you might have never suffered with these before.

I hope you improve soon !
Milamam

Angel1964

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 06:57:35 PM »

No one has put my vision problems down to menopause but since being post meno I have developed double vision, blurring and severe dry eye.  They've done all the important tests for the double vision and can't come up with a reason.  I'm seeing consultant again in feb as he thinks I'll need tear duct blocking for the dry eye x

Same here. Been opticians today as had double vision, worse blurring, blister type thing in one eye near lower eyelid. She said dry eye is so related to menopause - got drops. The blister is s blocked duct and eyes have deteriorated. I have astigmatism too which doesn't help xx

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 08:15:14 PM »

Same here. Been opticians today as had double vision, worse blurring, blister type thing in one eye near lower eyelid. She said dry eye is so related to menopause - got drops. The blister is s blocked duct and eyes have deteriorated. I have astigmatism too which doesn't help xx

I have astigmatism too
Because my vision varies as does the double vision I initially was given a diagnosis of myasthenia Gravis but blood tests showed I didn't have the antibodies x

BlueButterfly

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 09:28:23 PM »

Pregnancy and the contraceptive pill both can cause "vision changes" so it stands to reason that HRT and/or the fluctuating hormones of peri/meno could do the same thing.

Still amazes me how much our bodies rely on these hormones for about every function but hormones can be dismissed so easily as not being the cause of problems.

Shadyglade

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 10:48:52 PM »

Migraine.

Mine started in early peri and although caffeine is my trigger I never had a problem until peri.

I get silent migraine, by the way, so it's my vision that is affected.