Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Struggling again  (Read 3262 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Struggling again
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 07:43:16 PM »

We X in the post  ::)

Focus

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 07:45:59 PM »

Sorry, I don't understand? A X in the post?

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 07:50:12 PM »

Crossed [X] in the post - we posted at the same time.  I posted a Link which may be of interest.

Focus

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 07:57:27 PM »

Ah, thank you.

Focus

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »

Sorry, I went to look for your post but it's not there?

Would love any more info you have found.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 08:01:49 PM »

Here are the treatments for heavy bleeding listed on this website:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/periodtreatments.php

Might be of use?

Focus

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 08:22:41 PM »

Thank you. I shall print this out and take it with me when I go to my appointment next week.

Only just made it home. Just over half an hour on the bus and I was already flooding the night time pad I had just changed into before leaving my work. Had to wash my trousers.

It's as bad as it was in November again.

How long? How long will this go on for?

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 10:09:01 PM »

Why wait?  Tranxamic [sp] acid should work quite quickly.  Give your Surgery a ring and speak to the Nurse Practitioner.

Off for my bath now.

There are also pants with pads which might provide more protection - maybe have a look-see in a Supermarket or on-line.

Focus

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 10:47:28 PM »

Thank you.

I was prescribed TA back mid October and took it for the fours days you can take it at the start of your period. It made me feel really nauseous and a bit dizzy.

When I went back to the GP to tell her, she said I was to stop taking it. She said I was too young for the menopause.

She put me on a mini pill instead, which I took for a packet (I think). I got an 8 day very heavy, big clots period. Then i had a week without a period, and then had another super heavy, 8 day long, very big clots period.

At that point I was going nuts. I needed to know I was going to be able to work my December contract.  It's the money that I earn from that that gets me through January and February, financially.

So I called NHS24 in utter desperation and got referred. The doctor I saw gave me the Norethisterone and mentioned menopause. That's what started me on this journey of discovery.

I didn't know about the pants. How on earth do they work?

Focus

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2019, 10:50:07 PM »

Ach, forgot to mention...I don't think you can take TA alongside the pill? I've had a quick look on google.

I'm on my pill free week, as of tomorrow. I don't know what to do now.

Focus

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 07:14:27 AM »

Another day...

Listened to a guided mediation on YouTube for sleep and managed to have quite a restful, if short, sleep.

I was chatting to one of my friends yesterday who is 41. She said that for the past 2 years her periods have been sort of fading away and she doesn't really get them much any more. She said that from what she understood, it went either one way or the other with your periods during perimenopause. Either like her, or like me.

She said what she's really struggling with was the insomnia and dealing with the lack of sleep. Honestly, the insomnia feels like the least worrying thing for me.

I feel not too bad today, so far. But I feel broken by this whole thing. I just want this whole thing to stop now. I've had enough of it all. It's just totally taken over my whole life. It feels like there isn't one part of my life that's not been affected by it.

I already did whole life overhaul thing recently. I've just been through that, starting 3 and a bit years ago now. When my (now ex) husband left, seemingly out of the blue to me at that time. And he went to have a child with the young woman he'd been having an affair with pretty much straight away after leaving.

I really don't have the energy for another one of these life overhaul type things. I don't.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 12:51:27 PM »

Half a day at a time?  This too will pass.  One cannot rush hormones  ::) they have a mind of their own.  Mine certainly did whilst I was growing up!

Focus

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 03:12:41 PM »

I'm so tired of all of this.

I'd rather be using the my energy for you know, living my life and enjoying it, and being able to plan things and looking forward to them, instead of dreading the future and feeling like a prisoner in my own body.

Roseneath

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 07:42:11 PM »

I am struggling again this week Focus. I wonder if the dark days have anything to do with it. No sitting out in the sun or warmth on our bodies. I went to my CBT session today and she suggested that going on this site was maybe not good for my anxiety! I sometimes think it is the only place I feel sane. So tomorrow I will be juggling and playing my Ukulele (so hard to spell!) but not looking at this site :'(

Focus

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2019, 08:03:40 AM »

Short on words this morning, but hugs to you my friend.
Pages: 1 [2]