Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Conti not available  (Read 2357 times)

AndieKC

Elleste Duet Conti not available
« on: January 11, 2019, 12:46:50 PM »

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows why Elleste Duet Conti is no longer available? I am asking on behalf of a friend who was prescribed this 3 months ago by her GP who now says it's no longer available and will not be available in the future. Also, apparently the ‘alternative' has also been withdrawn. My friend is besides herself with worry as the HRT worked wonders for her. The GP is not stopping the prescription, just leaving my friend without any HRT. Any ideas?

Thank you very much

P.s. I have tried to get my friend in the forum, but she is dealing with a lot of family stuff at the moment.
(I am on mirena coil and Evorel patches myself)

CaptJaneway

Re: Elleste Duet Conti not available
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 12:51:55 PM »

No idea, but a few years ago same thing happened with the Premique Low Dose I'd been on for years, suddenly no supply. Horrified I wasn't sure what to do as GP would probably have preferred for me to try coming off it altogether. I opted for Femoston, better ingredients anyway!

So I used the Treatments section up the top of this page in the green bar to see what other options I had (wanted to choose for myself). Perhaps you could look hers up, print it off so she can consider alternatives with same 'ingredients'.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 12:53:45 PM by CaptJaneway »

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 03:41:03 PM »

I would advise your friend to ring round nearby pharmacies or contact the manufactures of Elleste Duet Conti to see if she can find the tablets.  There are 2 other HRTs which ahed the same formula, as Capt Janeway has said....Kliofem is one of them .

AndieKC

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 07:02:17 PM »

Hi CaptJaneway and Dotty
Thank you both for your replies, and for pointing out the information, I will print it out and give it to my friend so she has something when she goes back to the Gp.

I know this may sound mad but apparently brexit was mentioned as a reason, but strangely it happened at the same time as media published stories of higher rates of blood clots from tablet HRT, so who knows. The pharmacist said Elleste Duet tablets won't be coming back in future. My friend is now waiting for another Gp appointment so that the doctor can prescribe an alternative. If all goes well, my friend will be on her last tablet on the day of her appointment and she has been trying to sort it for 3 weeks now. Grrrr!

Have a good week both of you and thank you again xx :)

Jammie

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 01:56:38 PM »

Hi,
I've  just started on elleste duet (not conti) last month! They appear to have the same active ingredients as the elleste conti so maybe this is an avenue she can explore? Hope this helps

AndieKC

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 01:50:59 PM »

Hi Jammie,
Thank you for your post. It has to be the conti version (continuous progestin) as she is well past menopause, it prevents the uterine lining from thickening and causing trouble. But like the other ladies commented, there are other preparations so my friend is preparing for a battle with the GP. Sad that it had to even come to that...
Thank you :) xx