Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel 17 Utrogestan 100  (Read 1006 times)

jojo h

• First Flush
Oestrogel 17 Utrogestan 100
« on: January 11, 2019, 11:14:37 AM »

Hello. Ive been taking Utrogestan 100 every night for one week, plus two pumps of Oestrogel 17 which I rub on each thigh. My stomach feels awful, bloated and really uncomfortable and so far my night sweats are still the same. I was prescribed both gel and tablets for hot sweats with palpitations, chronic migraine and just feeling awful most of the time since my periods stopped two years ago. I'm 55.
 Is this normal to feel this way with the gel and tablets?

SueLW

Re: Oestrogel 17 Utrogestan 100
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 04:22:33 PM »

Are you on a continuous HRT?  ie will you take the Utrogestan every night without a break for a bleed?

Your symptoms are PMS and progesterone is the PMS hormone.  So I'm laying a bet on the Utrogestan.  You will get used to it to some extent.  The question is how much will you get used to it.

It's not clear from your post, are you taking 2 pumps of oestrogel AND an oestrogen tablet?  If so, why?  Why not just the gel?

AnnieR66

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 06:37:16 PM »

Hi there,
I got terrible bloating on the gel, plus morning anxiety and really low mood. I have gone back to Evorel 50 patches.
Maybe give it a while longer it may settle down for you?
If not maybe ask to try a patch.
 Annie x

jojo h

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 11:54:04 PM »

Yes, my prescription is for one Utrogestan tablet every night and two pumps of oestrogel every day. The Consultant said I should take both for hormonal Migraine, as well as the night sweats. I also take Amitriptyline as a migraine preventative, not sure if that is making things worse.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 12:09:19 AM »

Hi jojo h
When I was on Sandrena gel, I had terrible bloating.
And horrible wind.
My stomach felt  like I was 6 months pregnant, sore too.
It did settle down a bit, but then came and went.
I'm not on it now, so don't have that problem very often. Only food related sometimes.
Hopefully, it'll settle down for you when you're body gets used to it.

Debra66

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 07:25:41 PM »

Hi jojo, I have been taking Utrogestan & 2 pumps of Estrogel daily for just over 3 weeks. I had bloatedness but it's better now. I am 53 & my GP told me to take mine continuously. I have to take progesterone as I still have a uterus, if I didn't have a uterus I could get away with taking oestrogen only.  My hot flushes have all but gone now which is great, & am hoping my low moods, anxiety improves soon too!
I hope you start to feel better soon.

jojo h

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 10:45:17 PM »

Thank you so much everyone. It's really helpful and your reply's have put my mind at rest.