Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Lichen Sclerosus  (Read 1215 times)

Melbury

Lichen Sclerosus
« on: January 13, 2019, 07:17:23 PM »

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here for a long time - too many other problems going on unfortunately.

However, I wondered how you fellow sufferers are coping?  I am currently in the middle of a flare up period, which is very depressing.  I seem to go along for ages with it not being too bad and then for no apparent reason it flares up quite badly again.

Sadly, still unable to have intercourse - four years or so now, so that really gets me down.

Any tips would be gratefully received.

racjen

Re: Lichen Sclerosus
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 07:52:54 PM »

Hi Melbury, I'm a fellow LS sufferer - does yours get worse with stress, or any hormonal factors you can identify? It really does seem to be one of those things that, aside from it probably being an autoimmune condition, no-one really has much of a clue about. Mine was diagnosed at age 45 and I was using clobetasol ointment regularly ie every couple of weeks, until I had to have high strength systemic steroids alongside chemotherapy for breast cancer a couple of years ago. Silver lining - the steroids have so far kept the LS at bay, have had very little problem since then. Not recommending  that you get breast cancer to alleviate LS though. But if if it's really bad maybe a short course of systemic steroids is worth a try?

Melbury

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 08:04:53 PM »

Thank you for replying racjen and sorry to hear that you are also a sufferer of this horrible thing, along with far worse things to contend with than I.

I think you are right in that stress makes it worse.  Sometimes I don't use the steroid cream for months, but am going to use it every day for a while to try and overcome this latest flare up.  I have tried so many things, but really to no avail. 

All the best to you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 08:10:12 PM »

Stress increases many conditions  :'(

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 07:28:36 AM »

There are a lot of LS sufferers in my VA group as most have both. Stress & sugar seem to be a trigger for some of them .

I also did a video the end of last year with a lady who admins LS U.K. on FB, it's was mostly about LS with a bit of VA. 😊
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:30:23 AM by Maryjane »