Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Me & My Menopausal Vagina  (Read 5263 times)

Maryjane

Me & My Menopausal Vagina
« on: January 10, 2019, 08:48:27 PM »

Happy New Year to you all, & I wish Health & Happiness for 2019. 😊

Just a bit of an update for those who are interested how my book is doing “ Me & My Menopausal Vagina”.

It's now found its way around the world 😊 I have had many many emails & mesages from sufferers many who have told no one including their partners.

A 85 year old lady from the US who had been suffering years has found comfort & help from it. It's saved a marriage that was heading for the divorce courts. It's got ladies buying mirrors, having a look, being shocked in some cases & then getting help.

Others assumed thrush turned out to be lichen sclerosus. Ladies have found “ courage “ to go back to their GP and stand their ground & get the treatment they need.

A women's health physio, had heard about the book in Australia as ladies had bought it, she has now bought 24 to distribute in OZ the books flew out yesterday.😊

I have been invited to give a talk in March to women's health physios, this event is off of the back of the book. Fab.

Another lady who would NEVER talk about vaginas has helped a friend & is telling friends to read the book.

The book now has 41 reviews on amazon, is in the best seller range & is standing its ground. Apparently there are about 23 million in total books on amazon, and it averages in the top 15-50,000 pretty good after 4 months. ( will never make money as that's the top 100 ). So I am proud I must say.

I still haven't had ONE horrid person on any of the social media sites, this I was dreading I have had nothing but kindness & a at last a book that's about more than hot flushes & anxiety.

I have been part of a campaign of a week each for vulva cancer, vaginal atrophy & this week lichen sclerosus a core group of us are working together to try and make change & educate.

So proud as punch, other “ stuff” on the horizon & I will see where “ Me & My Menopausal Vagina “ take me.

For those who aren't aware my 30 year old middle daughter Penny wrote the book ( she lives in shanghai) I told her the style, it had to have humour & to leave no stone unturned.

The artist was a backpacker Penny met a few years ago while traveling around South America, she is from Norway.

The book cover was also designed by Penny. The lollipop has quite a few meanings. 😉

Hope VA sufferers are as OK as can be. 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Me & My Menopausal Vagina
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:14:22 PM »

I have been thinking to ask for an up-date for a few days: but forgetting  :-\

So thank you.   I can feel how pleased you are with the results, it shines from the page  ;D.

:foryou: and your family.

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 02:26:06 AM »

Absolutely wonderful Maryjane - what an inspiration. Brilliant that such a difficult subject can explode into the world where such information is so needed. Of course you are pleased as punch, who wouldn't be.

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 07:50:02 AM »

Thank you CLKD & Lady....it hasn't exploded but it's definitely sending ripples it's the physios that have really embraced it as they see women day in day out with vaginal / vulva pain , bladder issues etc.

Daughter is putting together a poster to see if GPs etc will put them on loo doors, in surgeries etc.

JaneinPen

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 09:06:30 AM »

Brilliant idea putting up the posters Maryjane. Very pleased that your journey with this book has been so positive.

Gangan

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 09:53:38 AM »

Happy New Year to you too Maryjane  :) . Great to read that your book and message within is doing so well.

Good Luck with the talk in March.

Gangan X

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 12:49:47 PM »

Send me posters when they are ready, I'll hand them out.  Local leisure centre, GP and Vet Surgeries ..........

Maryjane

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 01:21:27 PM »

CLKD  :thankyou:

Meadowblue

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 02:44:25 PM »

So pleased to read this MaryJane.  I purchased the ebook just a couple of weeks ago and am about a third of the way through.  I am so pleased to find out more about this truly horrible condition which has affected me for over 7 years now.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 02:46:52 PM »

Send me a PM to get my postal address MJ if necessary  ;)

Maryjane

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 04:18:24 PM »

CLKD will do when Pen has finished it, many thanks. 👍😊

riverrunsfree

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 06:12:08 PM »

Maryjane..read your book and am thinking that it truly a book that has changed my life.
As far as I'm concerned it should win the Pulitzer Prize.It is such an important book. Thankyou. Riverrunsfreexx

Maryjane

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 09:21:26 AM »

riversrunfree really pleased it has helped. Would really appreciate a review on amazon as that's what helps keep it up the rankings apparently.😊

Many thanks

Robin

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 05:04:21 PM »

Perfectly put Birdy

Tc

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 07:48:53 PM »

Would just like to add my congratulations maryjane.
What an amazing thing you have done for us and generations to come.
More power to you✊✊✊
Pages: [1] 2