Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Me & My Menopausal Vagina  (Read 5375 times)

Maryjane

Re: Me & My Menopausal Vagina
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 07:52:02 PM »

Our first bookshop is taking 10 on Monday the owner loved it. One will be on show & I have wrapped the other 10 in brown paper as the owner & ( I always knew this would be a problem)  feels that ladies/ men aren't ready just yet to take it off the shelf to a till.

So we shall see 🧐😊

Tc

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 08:19:07 PM »

All the luck in the world.
I love the cover it makes a change from flowers and Y symbols.
But I understand you having to go with the brown paper, at least at first. One step at a time eh?
It reminds me of trying to hide an Ann summers bag inside a Primark one in case I bumped into my dad or anyone else I know whilst shopping.
So silly realy I could've just said it wad a bra......it wasnt :madeyes:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 01:39:50 PM »

What would you like me to put on Amazon if I can find out how?  Something along the lines of:

This informative book is long over-due as it brings vaginal atrophy into the open.  Copies need to be in every GP Surgery, Hospital, Gynaecological, GU Clinics and Dental Waiting rooms as well as on Library shelves.  Book Clubs would find the subject a good topic to tackle.

Maryjane

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 03:39:07 PM »

CLKD that's fab here is the link & much appreciated if you can work out how too.😊

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?n=266239&n=266239&k=menopausal+vagina+

lesley998

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 04:46:01 PM »

Hi Maryjane

HUGE congratulations on the success of the book.  I am struggling HUGELY with VA and it's getting worse.  My vagina has changed from being youthfully plumptipus and inviting to feeling like the dry, flat cardboard tube inside a toilet roll...and that's how it must feel to OH as well!    I keep getting urethra inflammation and sex is basically impossible.  Thinking about revisiting HRT, didn't think it would ever be this bad!    I miss my sex life!

I have just purchased the book on kindle, and will leave a review!

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 05:35:23 PM »

Sweet Pea - get thyself into the GP Surgery and request appropriate localised treatment.  Use for the required 2 weeks every night and I am sure you will find relief!  You do not have to suffer.

Off to try the Link for MJ

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 04:51:10 PM »

Done via DH's account.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 03:52:48 PM »

Have spoken to a local book shop about promoting the book and the owner suggested contacting the local book reading club that meets in her shop every month.  Sent a message to the club via Facebook as well as leaving a copy 'under the counter'  ;) at the book shop .

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2019, 04:39:53 PM »

Vaginal Atrophy mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms, i.e. the need to pee a lot. 

Do read our threads on vaginal atrophy.  Appropriate treatment from the GP really does help.

Maryjane

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2019, 08:31:05 PM »

CLKD bless you thank you very much for your work “ on the ground “ it's sold out, so a reprint will be happening ASAP.

It got mentioned in the DM last Sunday by a breast cancer surgeon now a patient herself as well & she mentioned it as a good read, & it went. So we got caught out

24 went to Australia & they sold 22 in four days so it's doing ok & helping ladies feel less alone from the messages I get.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 09:06:07 PM »

WOW!  Well done  :thankyou:

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2019, 10:00:19 PM »

CLKD bless you thank you very much for your work “ on the ground “ it's sold out, so a reprint will be happening ASAP.

It got mentioned in the DM last Sunday by a breast cancer surgeon now a patient herself as well & she mentioned it as a good read, & it went. So we got caught out

24 went to Australia & they sold 22 in four days so it's doing ok & helping ladies feel less alone from the messages I get.
Excellent!

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2020, 12:07:03 PM »

For new members - do read.  Make notes ;-)

Pages: 1 [2]