Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Dreads in the morningand Adrenaline surges at night  (Read 3071 times)

dahliagirl

Re: The Dreads in the morningand Adrenaline surges at night
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2020, 09:38:26 AM »

dancing is what I did from 8 to 18, now I couldn't run a time step together to save my Life. 

Now that is where contemporary dance for over 50s comes into it's own - a bit of a full body workout, then you move in whatever way you find works  ;D

Shell babes

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2020, 10:08:11 AM »

Thank you for your replies, advice and sharing experiences.  I woke at 4am this morning with the dreads and couldn't get back to sleep. I also feel bad as my husband is sleeping in the other room because of his snoring and the fact that my sleep has become so fragile.  I led there worrying about our relationship, it is strong and he is supporting me but I feel I am letting everybody down and I am just not myself.  I seem to be worrying about everything and feel on edge all the time. I had a mirena coil fit 6 weeks ago and am wondering if this is causing PMT as today is day 23.  I have been to CBT sessions which helped but I feel this anxiety and don't know why. Then I look for worries, I feel anxious so there must a reason. I am feeling very tired today (as I know many of us are) and I am starting to worry that I won't sleep tonight. it's crazy I know but I can't seem to stop.  I feel like a need a drink all the time which I won't because it makes it worse. I just want to be myself again.  I think I will have to reach for a relaxation CD later but I find it so difficult trying to relax.  My body and mind are in the exact opposite state of relaxing and I am just so tired of it all. All this worrying is exhausting. Sorry to ramble on.

dahliagirl

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 11:11:41 AM »

Sometimes I write a list of what is worrying me.  It seems to put it into context when you can see it.

Usually it is just things falling apart in the house, or about the children.  But these things go round and round my head until I have done something about them, and I lose sight of how important they are, or indeed what they actually are. :-\

I also forget a lot so having lists means reduces the chance of suddenly remembering something I have scarily forgotten which sets the adrenaline off again. 

Thankfully the current lockdown is stopping me getting involved in stuff I have to remember other than gardening and food and a bit of online singing and pilates.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2020, 11:14:37 AM »

Shell babes - talk to him ! ? ! ?  men aren't Mind Readers  ::)

Make a list of your feelings etc., sit him down with a glass of something cold and talk to him. 

Shell babes

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2020, 12:27:12 PM »

Thanks for your kind replies. Ok, I?ll make a list now and try and get things into context.  Also, yes CLKD, I?ll talk to DH, see what he says. I had such a better day yesterday so I?ll try and focus on that rather than today.  I woke yesterday at 6am so when I woke today at 4am, I just panicked as it was unexpected.  In the old days, I would just turn over and go back to sleep but something is stopping me now.  I think it's also from reading too many articles about sleep deprivation and the bad effects it has on your health, I?ll have to stop reading those and just think, well if my body doesn't want to sleep, not much I can do .... difficult one though when you know how dreadful you?ll feel the next day.  I used to love going to bed and never used to think about sleep, I always knew I would but now, it's like torture and I know many can relate to this. It is becoming an issue and the more I think about it, the worse it gets. I?ll Write my worries down and get them into context. Last night I was worried in bed about something that was bothering my son and guess what, this morning he hasn't mentioned it and seems fine.  There's me worrying while the rest of the household is sleeping! Crazy!
Pages: 1 [2]