Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: To always have a fear of new medication x  (Read 1676 times)

Countrygirl

To always have a fear of new medication x
« on: January 18, 2019, 12:02:24 PM »

Hello im a tad embarrassed I feel this way, but thought rather than sit here feeling lost and alone I would ask for advice from the friendly knowledgeable people on here, hope you don't mind 😳 x

Well im just over a week into this journey and I was feeling okay, but got leg aches and pains last night and today, so have convinced myself it's gotta be dvt even though ive just read leg cramps are common too with oestrogen patches.  Are there any wise words from those who have been through this stage and are worriers too as I think Ive driven my gp well and truly round the bend in the last 6 months with my many symptoms x

jaypo

Re: To always have a fear of new medication x
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 12:10:39 PM »

Don't worry country girl you're definitely not alone,as we suggest on here,have a look at “the funny side of menopause “ and read what have you diagnosed yourself with,it's a wonder we're still all alive😆
Health anxiety is awful and most of us here have suffered from it in one way or another.Anyway,hello and welcome

Roseneath

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 01:10:25 PM »

Hi Country girl. Yes I relate totally. I am 2-3 year into Peri and have periods when my leg muscles twitch and cramp up. It comes and goes with the other new and mystifying symptoms. Maybe try keeping hydrated. Rather than stress go for a 15 minute walk around the block. I am doing a 20 minute Yoga You Tube which I do when I get wobbly and feel the urge to Google the bad stuff. Or just turn the Radio on loud.
If you stress too much you can always ask for a phone back from the GP who will put your mind at rest too. Hugex

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 02:17:28 PM »

Your query has jogged my memory.  Pre-periods I had aching legs.  'growing pains' it was called. 

So probably hormonal.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 04:45:50 PM »

Oh you're not alone in that Countrygirl!  Over the counter medication seems different someone in that it often covers several conditions, whereas HRT is specific  ::)

Have you stepped awkwardly or lifted anything?  I had belly ache around the naval earlier then remembered I'd carried a sack of animal feed yesterday, had got it into my head that it was a 'bug'  :-\

Dancing Queen

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 10:07:53 AM »

I had foot cramps and constantly twitchy calf muscles when I first started hrt. I googled myself into thinking I had motor neurone disease. Then read the side effects on the packet...cramps...ah that would be it then ! 😃

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 11:47:08 AM »

I NEVER look at “possible side effects “ insert,as I sit there waiting for them to happen 😂

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 03:23:34 PM »

Likewise Hasty.  If I get a symptom that persists after 3 days I look at the leaflet  ::). DH is worried about my persistent cough which has been since 15th October, I think it's related to the intermittent reflux - now could that be X. Y, Z ....... because my chest is sore [I've lifted food bags], but I'm sleeping and the cough didn't wake me in the night  ::)

I remember when I began The Pill, I would sit hours holding this very small tablet in the palm of my hand ...... with Himself muttering 'take it' - I looked at my statin this morning and it's twice the size and I no longer worry about swallowing tablets. 

I would be concerned if I had to begin a different anti-depressant though  :-\

Has pain relief helped Countrygirl?