Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Perfectil Plus - £30+ is it worth it?  (Read 4271 times)

Poppi

Perfectil Plus - £30+ is it worth it?
« on: January 07, 2019, 02:14:12 PM »

Hi Ladies
With too much time on my hands for once  :o I've been Googling vitamins and comparing ingredients/cost. I've decided to return to Vogel for Menosan (better in every way) and think I'll give the Vitabiotic Perfectil Plus a go as my nails are dreadful since this menopause lark started and my hair does not have the shine as it used to have at all. At £34.95 on Vitabiotics site for a month's supply, I'm happy to pay that if it works - can anyone say how it worked if they've tried it?

My skin has improved (thanks to No 7 which I would never have thought of using, believing it to be an old wifie's brand  :boobs:) until a beautician friend of my son, in her 30s, suggested No 7 or Elemis!

Right, off to make some pineapple upside down cakes to use up the pineapple (Mr Pop bought which nobody ever eats!!!)

Hope you're not being blown away with all the wind  :ola: it's very windy here!! Outside and in!! (from all the cabbage+sprouts eaten recently  ::) )

Poppi x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Perfectil Plus - £30+ is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 02:49:31 PM »

If you have to swallow £30 quids worth of stuff in one go I would say it ain't worth it  ;)

Let us know how you get on.

Saffy

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 05:05:42 PM »

I use the Perfectil plus Hair and it's been really good for me but I buy it much more cheaply (and in twos or threes) from Amazon and Ebay  :).

Poppi

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 09:21:45 AM »

It is 3 for 2 or I wouldn't be considering it at all! The lady GP I had before we moved who I got on really well with, said Vitabiotics are very  good quality vitamins. I'll maybe give them a go.
Poppi x Thanks

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 10:48:32 AM »

My husband uses it as he has dreadful nails,he's used it for about a year now and it's made no difference at all but like everything,doesn't suit one but brilliant for the next person

Poppi

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 03:52:27 PM »

Thanks Jaypo

Poppi x

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 04:35:31 PM »

Has it helped Birdy?ive dreadful nails,all bendy

Saffy

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 12:42:16 AM »

Sorry, I meant to come back  ::). I found the Perfectil made my hair and nails grow much more quickly but improved the quality of my hair more than my nails. The Holland and Barrett Mega Hair and Nails tablets were also quite good too (never tried the standard ones) but they can be difficult to find in the shop and are also pretty expensive  :-\.

Ladybt28

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 10:53:57 AM »

Hi Poppi,
I  just use good old H & Barrett Biotin or their hair and nails complex.  Has the same stuff in as the expensive stuff.  I was a nail biter from age of 2 and then when I could get stick on nails I did that for 30 years! Nails totally ruined but then I managed to stop it all but they were so weak and hardly grew at all.  My HRT helped with my nails actually and so has the H&B stuff, nails are ridgy (well they would be I had fungel infections and all sorts) but are now spectacular and long.

Reference hair - when we are menopausal the roots get less hormone and stimulation to grow.  As long as the follicles are still alive biotin, keratin and caffeine can stimulate it to grow more.  My hair line started receding around the temples and so I got the caffeine tonic Plantur from Boots.  Not the shampoo cos that goes in and washes out but the tonic.  You rub it in the dodgy spaces, little drops and leave in. Doesn't make hair greasy liquid is quite thin.  Works a treat my hair is growing back on the temples and I rub it in at the crown now also.  Takes 8 weeks to see the whispy bits growing back as that is how long the hair  cycle is.  The Plantur stuff is expensive for the tonic £10-15 bottle but it lasts ages as you don't need much, just drops and rub in. I haven't used all my bottle over 6 months but it depends if you are really good and remember to use 2/3 times a week or every night!!  Save on the pills and buy the tonic.!  Its the caffeine which is the trigger for growth.

Claire65

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 11:43:46 AM »

Hi Poppi,
I  just use good old H & Barrett Biotin or their hair and nails complex.  Has the same stuff in as the expensive stuff.  I was a nail biter from age of 2 and then when I could get stick on nails I did that for 30 years! Nails totally ruined but then I managed to stop it all but they were so weak and hardly grew at all.  My HRT helped with my nails actually and so has the H&B stuff, nails are ridgy (well they would be I had fungal infections and all sorts) but are now spectacular and long.

Reference hair - when we are menopausal the roots get less hormone and stimulation to grow.  As long as the follicles are still alive biotin, keratin and caffeine can stimulate it to grow more.  My hair line started receding around the temples and so I got the caffeine tonic Plantur from Boots.  Not the shampoo cos that goes in and washes out but the tonic.  You rub it in the dodgy spaces, little drops and leave in. Doesn't make hair greasy liquid is quite thin.  Works a treat my hair is growing back on the temples and I rub it in at the crown now also.  Takes 8 weeks to see the whispy bits growing back as that is how long the hair  cycle is.  The Plantur stuff is expensive for the tonic £10-15 bottle but it lasts ages as you don't need much, just drops and rub in. I haven't used all my bottle over 6 months but it depends if you are really good and remember to use 2/3 times a week or every night!!  Save on the pills and buy the tonic.!  Its the caffeine which is the trigger for growth.

Does the tonic really work? I tried it before but it didn't really show any results... maybe I should try again?

Joaniepat

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 08:44:24 PM »

Hi Claire65, welcome to the forum. This is quite an old thread, so not sure you would get any replies. Why not introduce yourself on New Members, or maybe start your own thread?
Best wishes,
JP x

jaycee

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 01:59:25 PM »

I tried the plantur tonic too and didn't work for me,i'm thinking of getting some minoxidil ,or Regaine ,but been told about  something called Proaccelerant 3 treatment from Boots , you can get shamppo, conditioner and tonic ,but this lady's husband just used the spray, quite expensive though

Claire65

• First Flush
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 04:32:32 PM »

Hi Claire65, welcome to the forum. This is quite an old thread, so not sure you would get any replies. Why not introduce yourself on New Members, or maybe start your own thread?
Best wishes,
JP x

Thanks JP, it seems I got some response ;)

Claire65

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 04:34:21 PM »

I tried the plantur tonic too and didn't work for me, i'm thinking of getting some minoxidil, or Regaine, but been told about something called Proaccelerant 3 treatment from Boots , you can get shamppo, conditioner and tonic ,but this lady's husband just used the spray, quite expensive though

Always when I see products marketed so heavily, I get skeptical... yet, you are looking for a solution and are willing to give it a try. Everytime I end up disappointed when it doesn't work. :(

jaycee

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2020, 09:11:46 PM »

Wonder why fungal treatment appeared, very strange,pro-accelerant is definitely for hair
I have tried all the vitamins/sprays etc,none worked, might try this,as a last resort