Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Femseven conti discontinued  (Read 30747 times)

Marsha11

Re: Femseven conti discontinued
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 08:26:29 PM »

OK ladies, I contacted LTS, Lohmann Therapie Systeme from Germany and asked if there was a pharmaceutical company that adhered the same combo as Femseven Conti to their transdermal patches and wait for it.........Teva was the reply. Ever felt like you are going round in circles :-\ They did ask if I wanted my email forwarded to Teva from them and I said why not, it's worth trying a different angle. To date I have had no response from Teva. Will keep on researching to see if there are any other alternatives.

Hurdity

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 02:59:09 PM »

I wrote to Theramex myself the other day and got a response just now - here it is - and is pretty much as the other member whom I quoted earlier in this thread said after she contacted Teva. This comes from Theramex own medical information service based in London.

"Thank you for reaching out to Theramex Medical Information Department.

We are following up your request for information regarding the hormone replacement
therapy (HRT) patches containing estradiol and levonorgestrel (i.e. FemSeven
Conti® and FemSeven Sequi®).

FemSeven Conti® and FemSeven Sequi® transdermal patches are currently out of
stock due to a supply problem with a component of the adhesive matrix. Therefore,
the transdermal patches are being reformulated in terms of the adhesive and there
will be a period of testing before the transdermal patches are commercially available
again.

Theramex is actively working to restore the product supply of FemSeven Conti® and
FemSeven Sequi® in the future and is strongly interested to make FemSeven Conti®
and FemSeven Sequi® available again in the UK. Unfortunately, currently we are not
able to provide an exact date or time frame for the commercial availability of the
medicinal products in the UK.

We hope you find this information useful. Do not hesitate to contact us again should
you require additional clarification or for any further request."

There you have it - for the time being. Don't hold your breath - but in the meantime find an alternative product unless you can find stocks somewhere!

Hope this helps.

Hurdity x

Kimberley

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2019, 05:16:53 PM »

Hi can I ask why evorol didn't work the doctor had given me patches and I dread putting them because off all the bad press hope you feel better soon 😔

Jenc

• First Flush
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2019, 10:19:58 AM »

Hi

I am seeing my GP this afternoon to look for an alternative to the Femseven sequi. I have previously had evorel and had hair loss on this.

Any ideas of the best option to ask for? I have 2 patches left and the thought of going back to waking up every 2 hours is miserable!

My pharmacist told me it was likely to be the third quarter before available again, September!

Thanks
Jen

Jo24

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2019, 09:49:42 PM »

I was originally informed by Teva (late 2018) that there was a temporary halt on the manufacture of Fem7 Conti due to a change in the adhesive component of this product, and that they anticipated that production would recommence in 'early 2019', however, this then changed to 'the last quarter of 2019'.
I discussed this issue with my Meno Consultant (Sheffield Clinic) who has advised Evorel patch for the oest component, and utrogestan orally for the prog, due to my sensitivity to prog (anxiety) is my best match.
She did also offer Evorel Conti, or Evorel Oest + Mirena coil as the other possible options.
Now Theramex is in the equation - who knows if/when Fem7 will become available again 🙄?

Hope this helps anyone in a similar position to myself.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:35:26 PM by Jo24 »

Jo24

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2019, 10:23:22 PM »

PS
I have emailed Theramex requesting clarity regarding their intentions to resupply F7 Conti, and informed them that I require a 'black and white' answer to my query - 'yes' 'no' 'when', and expect to be treated with honesty, respect, and courtesy ...
Not too much to ask really 🙄

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:35:55 PM by Jo24 »

Conolly

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2019, 12:18:55 PM »

Hello Jo24,

I have done the same a couple of weeks ago and they haven't answered yet. Maybe they don't know the answer!

Conollly X

helen63

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »

Seems like a lot of ladies have contacted Theramax and been told the same thing. I emailed too a while ago and the reply was that they are having supply and distribution problems so go back to your doctor. I'm on Evorel conti now and bleeding quite a bit every 10 days so not suited to it. My Doctor just changed me to Femseven  conti totally unaware of supply problems.So no idea what to do as Femseven conti was the only alternative patch for post menopause and dont want to take tablets. Another trip back to the doctor's to tell her it's out of stock and back to square one. Any ideas for alternatives ?

Conolly

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2019, 01:12:45 PM »

Hello helen63,

What's interesting is that Theramex is giving different reasons for the problem... supply issue, distribution issue, adhesive issue.

Your other options are an oestrogen gel or patch plus Utrogestan or Mirena coil.

Conolly X

helen63

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2019, 01:26:46 PM »

Hi Connolly,
Thanks for that info I'll look into those options as Evorel conti wasn't helping much and causing bleeding anyway. I've had a Mirena before but not sure if can have one now as I'm 56. Not holding my breath for Femseven conti being available anytime soon  but will keep watching this site for updates.

Hurdity

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2019, 06:15:56 PM »

Hi helen63

:welcomemm:

The reply I got from Theramex was quite specific - perhaps you can post the relevant section of your reply just to see if it differs? They replied to me within a few days and this was a week ago.

"The supply issue was to do with the adhesive - I quoted it in my post below:
FemSeven Conti® and FemSeven Sequi® transdermal patches are currently out of
stock due to a supply problem with a component of the adhesive matrix. Therefore,
the transdermal patches are being reformulated in terms of the adhesive and there
will be a period of testing before the transdermal patches are commercially available
again."

helen63 - you can use a Mirena for endometrial protection as part of HRT at any age as far as I understand, so if you would like to explore this option then it contains the same progestogen as Femseven therefore you could tolerate it really well. Most of the progestogen is delivered directly to the uterus where it is needed although some is absorbed systemicaly - of very approx the same order of magnitude as Femseven patches.

PS
I have emailed Theramex requesting clarity regarding their intentions to resupply F7 Conti, and informed them that I require a 'black and white' answer to my query - 'yes' 'no' 'when', and expect to be treated with honesty, respect, and courtesy ...
Not too much to ask really 🙄

Jo24 did you see the extract of their reply to me in my previous post in the thread below?

It was your reply from the previous manufacturer Teva that I quoted earlier in this thread and which then prompted me to write to Theramex to see if the situation had changed.

Note from their reply that they cannot give an exact date as the new product ( ie with new adhesive) will need to be tested.

Hurdity x

Angel1964

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2019, 09:06:54 PM »

Hi can I ask why evorol didn't work the doctor had given me patches and I dread putting them because off all the bad press hope you feel better soon 😔

I feel the same. been reading up on here and they seem to make anxiety worse!! I need to switch on Sunday as last Femseven Conti patch but I'm dreading it :(

helen63

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2019, 09:55:22 PM »

Hi Hurdity
Thanks for your info
This is the reply I got from Theramex on 15/1/19

Thank you for your enquiry regarding FemSeven Sequi®
 or FemSeven Conti®
transdermal patches (estradiol, levonorgestrel). We regret to inform you that we are
having supply disruptions with regard to the FemSeven Sequi and Conti products.
Theramex is actively working to restore product supply, but we cannot yet guarantee
when these products will be available again.
Unfortunately, we are unable to suggest any alternatives and we recommend that
you contact your doctor who will be able to advise you on your medical care. We can
also inform you that our FemSeven®
 50 microgram, 75 microgram and 100
microgram transdermal patches, which contain estradiol only, are not affected by this
stock shortage.
For further information regarding the availability of FemSeven I would suggest that
you discuss this matter further with your doctor or pharmacist. As I am sure you will
appreciate they are best placed to advise you about the suitability of a particular
product and your doctor will also have details of your medical history and access to
information on all medicinal products.
We hope you find this information useful. Do not hesitate to contact us again should you require additional clarification or any further request.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:32:41 PM by helen63 »

Hurdity

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2019, 07:38:40 PM »

Thanks helen63 - your reply from them is consistent with the one I got - but just they were less specific as to the supply problem in your answer than with theirs to me! At least we know in principle what's happening - but not the time-scale - so for the forseeable future women definitely need to find an alternative. Those who don't mind the idea of a Mirena coil - at least this has the same progestogen. Those who tolerate Femseven, will likely tolerate the Mirena - and a similar amount is likely to be absorbed systemically, but with more going to the uterus enabling more flexibility with the oestrogen dose - and there is a choice of several different oestrogen only patches, as well as Femseven still being available.

Hurdity x

helen63

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2019, 06:18:45 PM »

I've been to a pharmacy today to see if by any chance they've had any new stock delivered of Femseven conti and they said they think they are discontinuing the manufacture of all conti patches . Hope this isn't the case but it wouldn't surprise me due to the evasive information given by Theramax  and would explain why it's been unavailable for so long .
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 08:23:41 PM by helen63 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10