Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: ive done good  (Read 6227 times)

NaturalMystic

ive done good
« on: December 27, 2018, 09:27:50 PM »

8)
I am going to big up myself for myself.

I started peri and panic disorder when my son was 6.  I've bought him up single handedly, with his own issues (minor autism spectrum), being bullied, depression and suicidal  thoughts and threats (him)  All whilst working full time in a very stressful management position.

I have taken less than 2 weeks off sick during this whole time. My son is now 17.

Big up me! ☝ and you, because you are still here and surviving xx
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 09:43:12 PM by NaturalMystic »

Aby123

• First Flush
Re: ive done good
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 09:45:03 PM »

We all should take the time to congratulate ourselves on the things we have done well in life.  We are all prone to concentrate in the negative things.  Well done you, and so little time off work as well.
Fabulous achievement xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 10:26:39 PM »

I think adrenaline helps us through.  A support net-work as well as taking time out to go to work and have a routine, enables us.  We need to remind ourselves how far we have come regardless of difficulties. 

:medal:

Roseneath

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 10:03:23 PM »

:thankyou: This is a very positive post. I was thinking today we have one life (probably) and each day/each hour should be filled with joy as it is our life and our happiness. I wish the world (or my part of it) were filled with more positive stuff; clubs/TV programmes/news/friends stories etc. So much depressing stuff to click on these days. 

Conolly

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 02:21:28 PM »

Lovely post NaturalMystic  :love:

Here's to all ladies who had not sailed through menopause, but had bravely fought it with clenched fists and teeth  :drunk:

Conolly X

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 05:21:20 PM »

yes and a bottle or 2...or 3....4? anyone?....Connolly!  ;)  Although not a big drinker ever, I have found that alcohol actually makes me feel really rough now in meno.

You are so right NaturalMystic - we don't tell or show the world just how great we really are often enough - those that tend to suffer most tend to do it quietly!

Conolly

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 05:03:49 PM »

Hello Ladybt,

I have cut back on alcohol as well, well, actually I've decided to give it a go again, itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny amounts a couple of days a week, love wine and Margaritas  :drunk:

Conolly X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 05:05:04 PM »

In the days when we had to get up and turn over the TV Channels, I had drunk half a glass of red - ended up on the other side of the room  :o. Never again!