Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Nearly 50 and have taken up jogging :)  (Read 85554 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Nearly 50 and have taken up jogging :)
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2019, 02:54:50 PM »

Jogging isn't good for the joints though!   Prefer brisk walking myself  ;) and don't do mud  ;D.  I watch people running up and down places like Helvellyn and they don't see the scenery which is partly why I go out and about. 

I've never conformed  :-X  :lol: so never feel pigeon-holed.  We read.  Walk.  Garden.  We used to cycle ......... but I don't see much of the scenery as roads are so FULL of potholes [is that contracdictory]. 

How far would you go?  Is trail running like orienteering?  I know that they do mud swimming in Wales but that's too wet and cold for me to even consider  ::)

As for being 'old' - age is a number and I can't find any organisation that actually knows what 'old' or 'elderly' means  >:(  ::)

Sickntired

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2019, 10:08:38 PM »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/is-your-exercise-bad-for-yourbones-pljd3vfxx

Proven by Dr Micheal Mosely in this instance and a similar programme where he experimented with his own fitness and excersize , proved that running doesn't affect the knees badly as we imagine.  I couldn't explain the biomechanics of it,  but any impact excersize is necessary for us older ladies , im sure walking covers it too.  I put the link not to contradict but to encourage.  I'd love for those women who hate excersize to be able to sit on he sofa daily with chocolates(I'd love to) but sadly it's not healthy for us
This is a little info , not a reply.   
Excersize has to be necessary but enjoyment not a chore.  For me it works better than the antidepressants that don't and hrt that's patchy at best. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2019, 07:53:09 AM »

Every days a learning curve.  One can prove things by double blind tests as well as X-raying children from the time they begin to walk.  However, as a medical secretary [who hasn't read the Link, yet  ::)]

Glad you enjoy jogging.  Brisk walking is fast enough for me  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]