Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Is anyone using Wellsprings Serenity combined cream at the same time as HRT?  (Read 6128 times)

mel596

Hi everyone.

I just wondered if anyone is using Wellsprings Serenity combined natural progesterone and natural oestrogen cream at the same time as HRT? I am currently taking Indivina (now that it is back in stock!) which is a combined oestrogen and progesterone HRT but still feel that I need to add something more into the hormonal mix as although I'm a lot better than I was, I still feel well under par most of the time. My GP said she couldn't see any reason why I shouldn't use the cream as well as conventional HRT but when I contacted Wellsprings about it, they said that I would need to be on an oestrogen only HRT to use the Serenity as well.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Hi! looks like no one is using it however: I suggest that you put the name into the search box on here to see if any threads pop up!

Browse round.  Make notes.   :welcomemm:

Beaker

Hi mel596, I tried that cream before and found it ineffective.  So your GP might be right - it's not likely to have a huge impact on top of your HRT.  I agree with Stellajane - don't rely on it as a source of progesterone!

Hurdity

Really mel596 - I wouldn't waste your money on this - it is just one big commercial rip-off IMO! If there was sufficient oestrogen in the cream it couldn't be sold OTC anyway. Maybe we might be able to help advise you on changing your HRT combo so that you feel better for more of the time? The product you are on gives progestogen all the time so this could be contributing to your not feeling too well most of the time, due to the low grade progestogenic sdie effects experienced by some women. Do start another post in All Things Menopause if you think we can help here?

Hurdity x