Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: I need to have a period??  (Read 1060 times)

Tc

I need to have a period??
« on: December 12, 2018, 07:13:52 PM »

Hiya ladies.
Nearly 4 months post BSO (Uterus preserved). And  my own body is confusing me so much. I'm on femseven sequin patch and just had some hormone test done but my consultant appointment has been put back by 4 weeks so I won't get the results yet.
I haven't had a bleed on the patches but during the second week of the progesterone phase I'm getting hideous pms symptoms. The worst being backache, irritable bowel and a fullness in the pelvis. It feels like I need to have a period if that makes sense. I long for the relief I used to feel from these symptoms when my period started.
Curiously I don't have cramps in fact u feel as though my uterus has gone completely numb but I do have pain where my ovary was on the same side the large cyst was mostly  it certainly feels like ovarian pain but no uterine contractions.
Any ideas or advise please ladies
Best wishes to you all.

Dancing Queen

Re: I need to have a period??
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 08:18:38 PM »

Hi TC ..Have you been on the patches for 4 months or less than that? Im on femseven sequi and took 6 weeks before I had a period. Still irregular after 4 months. It might take a while to settle?  x

Tc

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 09:14:45 PM »

Hiya dancing queen. Hope you're feeling ok
I've been on them 3 months. The trouble is no matter what I've tried they seem to come off b4 the 7 days are up and I have to apply new patch as per the instructions. I'm not sure if a new patch would be delivering a stronger dose than one that's been on for 2,3,4 sometimes 5 days.i always put a new one on changeover day regardless of how many times I've had to replace in the previous 7. I'm not sure if this is right?
Also, have you heard anything  bout this shortage of femseven sequi?
As a side note I've noticed my autocorrect changes it to SEQUIN patches lol😆 now there's an idea decorative hormone patches!!!

Dancing Queen

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 10:59:17 PM »

Perhaps you got the disco version lol. Other posts on this site say they won't be available now till Dec2019 so not happy as I will have to start again with something else when mine run out. I had trouble with the 1st few patches then cracked it.  Put them on hip, warm skin with hairdryer, warm patch in hand, press patch as hard as you can for 1 min..hey presto they now last a week including showers and the occasional bath! I always know on changeover day that I need a fresh patch as I start to feel irritable or anxious or tearful, its amazing how quickly they run out or kick in. Or maybe its psychological? Who knows? Hope you get sorted xx

Tc

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 12:49:00 PM »

Thanks dancing queen. Thank goodness for info sharing on here. Doc didn't know about the manufacturing prob which isn't unusual but  neither did the 8 pharmacies I phoned to ask if they had any in stock
I finally found one who had 12 left! Like You, I'm worried about having to change.
Will try your tips for sticking. I have been putting on my lower belly and it is quite, how can I put this, plump!! I did read that fat hinders absorption but if I'm looking for an area without any fat I'm gonna have to stick it on my ankle lol.
Disco patches, I love it. The meno alternative to a vajazzle😆
Take carex

Dancing Queen

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 01:23:34 PM »

Yes I thought about lower legs for the winter lol but not sure they are supposed to go that low! So there I will be strutting my stuff in my vajazzle, ankle bracelet and disco meno patch. An interesting picture  :D

Tc

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 01:30:31 PM »

:cancan: :cancan: