Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: What is the best way to wean off Femseven Conti HRT patches?  (Read 1276 times)

Jules53

What is the best way to wean off Femseven Conti HRT patches?
« on: December 12, 2018, 06:02:47 PM »

Hi everyone

I have been on Femseven Conti patches for about 2 years now and feel the time is right to come off them. There is also a supply issue with this brand, as some of you may know, so I thought I would see if I can do without them. I've tried other patches and tablets and didn't get on with them.

I'd be grateful for advice on weaning off them please. My doctor advised me to speak to the pharmacist, who told me I could just stop without weaning off! I think I would rather do it gradually so would be interested to hear from anyone who has done this.

Thanks in advance.

Jules x

Angel1964

Re: What is the best way to wean off Femseven Conti HRT patches?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 08:06:23 PM »

I was on them for 16 weeks. Decided to just stop.  Horrendous. Anxiety was worse. Sweats at night. Generally felt ill. I suggest weaning off them, maybe half patch for a while. Then quarter patchm I'm sure others will advise you better than me. I have gone back on them on 5th patch now. Good Luck :). Xx

Jules53

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:47:37 PM »

Hi Angel1964

Thanks very much for your reply. I will definitely follow your advice and cut the patch in half for a while, and then a quarter. I've got about 6 patches left but can't get anymore at the moment as none of the chemists I've tried can get them. Hopefully, that will be enough to wean off.

I have had thyroid problems and had half of it removed 3 weeks ago so it's difficult to tell what my symptoms have been from. Hope you are feeling much better now.

Thanks again Xx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 09:14:42 PM »

I've done it both ways. The first time I weaned myself off by cutting patches. I took three months to do this. Three months after totally stopping my symptoms had returned with the same severity as they had been when I started the patches three years before so I restarted them. The second time I just stopped using them but by the end of three months the result was the same. I now hope to be on HRT for ever!

Of course not everyone has a return of symptoms.

Taz x