Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT advice please  (Read 1029 times)

PMB63

HRT advice please
« on: December 10, 2018, 08:07:28 AM »

Hello everybody. I was hoping to get some advice please as I'm feeling a bit stuck at the moment. I recently had to stop Evorel Conti patches due to constant postmenopausal bleeding. I then had to have a scan and hysteroscopy at the beginning of November.  The GP has recommended the Mirena coil but I'm petrified that it will be as painful as the hysteroscopy. That has really put me off having anything like that done again. I'm usually absolutely fine with smear tests though.  I have a hiatus hernia and acid reflux, hence don't want to take tablets. I've also tried Femseven Conti in the past but they just wouldn't stick.  Where do I go from here?  My mood and anxiety has plummeted since I've stopped the HRT. I'm also experiencing hot flashes and poor sleep again. I'm 55 by the way. Thanking you all in advance for reading this x x

Rosie63

Re: HRT advice please
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 08:43:42 AM »

Hi PMB63. Have you considered trying Estradot patches ?  I am currently using these with quite a bit of success, after trying several different regimes, including Evorel Conti.  Estradot come in different strengths and are oestrogen only so you would need to take progesterone separately alongside the patches.  I didn't fancy the Mirena either so I use Utrogestan which I believe you can get as 100mg or 200mg and can be taken orally or vaginally (although it's not licensed to be used vaginally in the UK so if you decided to go down this route, you would need to speak to your doctor).

Hope this helps.

Rosie63 x

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 08:56:30 AM »

Try Oestrogel and Utrogestan. It works very well for me x

Rosie63

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 09:16:48 AM »

Yes, good call Dotty x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 09:37:57 AM »

What was the outcome of your hysteroscopy PMB63 - was all OK re the lining thickness or any abnormailites? What was given as the reason for bleeding? If all well then I agree separate oestrogen and progesterone. Like Rosie63 I use Estradot patches - so if patches worked for you symptom-wise then maybe try these?  You might want to try it on a cycle first (with withdrawal bleed) - and depending on how you get on, move to taking it continuously as Dotty?

Hurdity x

PMB63

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 12:22:55 PM »

Thank you so much everybody for your replies. That's really helpful :). I'm still chasing my results Hurdity but think if it would have been anything sinister they would have contacted me by now. I'm really liking the idea of estradot and Utrogestan Rosie 63. My GP is not very clued up about HRT though :-(. For how many days would I need to take the Utrogestan if I want to be on a cyclical regime to start off with? x x

suzysunday

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 01:11:32 PM »

I can't offer more adevice about hrt than has been given but I had similar.   I was on tibolone and had pmb and hysteroscopy and it's very stressful.  I had mine under general anaesthetic after readingetting up on it, although I had to ask, it wasn't offered.  It seems a long time waiting for results.  It does not seem fair to you. I just use local cream now for atrophy as I feel a bit put off after the procedure. I was off all hrt for weeks while things were sorted and all symptoms came back. Hope you find some hrt to suit and chase up those results.  All the best.

Rosie63

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 02:46:31 PM »

I personally take 100mg Utrogestan vaginally from days 15-28, PMB63. I was on 50mg Estradot patch but have just increased it to 75mg because was still getting some symptoms.  I'm hoping the 100mg will still do the trick with clearing my lining because I don't really want to increase progesterone dose.  I'm due to start Utrogestan tomorrrow so will see what my bleed is like at the end of the course.

There are ladies on here who are much more knowledgeable so if I have given wrong advice here, they will be able to advise.

Keep us updated on what you decide 😊

Rosie x

PMB63

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »

:thankyou that's great Rosie 63 and I will let you know once I've seen my GP.
P x x