Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Greek Yoghurt  (Read 2324 times)

Angel1964

Greek Yoghurt
« on: December 10, 2018, 07:06:23 AM »

Hi Ladies. For over a week now I have been eating about 10 teaspoons of Greek yoghurt every night before bed. I am on HRT 5th patch. I also spray feet with magnesium oil. My sleep had dramatically improved from waking at 4 or 5am to around 7am. Well last night i fell asleep watching TV (that is my relaxant) and woke up, sprayed feet and went to bed. Realised I hadn't had the yoghurt but thought I'm not getting up now.  My night was so restless and awake from 5am!! I am going to keep this experiment up tonight and will keep you posted as to whether sleep improves again with the yoghurt.

Rosie63

Re: Greek Yoghurt
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 08:27:27 AM »

Hi Angel1964. Please could I ask what the benefits are of spraying your feet with magnesium oil? I'm also on patches at the moment and eat quite a bit of Greek yoghurt, although through the day rather than before I go to bed.

Thank you.

Rosie63x

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 08:53:48 AM »

That's so interesting angel, I always find these things incredible,almost by accident you find the simplest of things can be such a help,PLEASE let us know how it goes.Like Rosie,I've not heard of magnesium on the feet

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 09:33:46 AM »

Eating yogurt (or something easy to digest) at night before bed helps to keep your blood sugar levels up so it is likely to be this that is helping rather than the yogurt per se. It is funny you should mention yogurt though because I often have a small bowl of this (low fat Greek style) before I go to bed. Despite being on a lower carb diet I am still putting on weight, and always get hungry at bedtime about 11 pm - so I put a little low calorie (rather, low carb) light high protein something into my body to remove that gnawing feeling. Sometimes it's half a glass of milk....

Not sure about the benefits of magnesium spray for therapeutic pruposes if you are not Mg deficient - can't seem to find much consistent scientific info on this....but haven't looked in detail!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 10:14:15 AM »

I use LIVE Greek yoghurt to ease heartburn [gave it to my dog when she had heartburn due to chemo therapy] and apply it in the vagina if I get a hint of thrush.  Some people add fruit to it, occasionally I stir in set honey to give it a crunch ;-)

Rosie63

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 11:23:11 AM »

CKLD. Do you think if I put a bit of yoghurt up my vagina, it could help with the discomfort I've got at the moment.  I don't have urgency to pee or any stinging, it's just a bit of an ache.....like I'm kind of aware of that area all the time.  Thank you.

Rosie x

Angel1964

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 11:51:37 AM »

Hi Angel1964. Please could I ask what the benefits are of spraying your feet with magnesium oil? I'm also on patches at the moment and eat quite a bit of Greek yoghurt, although through the day rather than before I go to bed.

Thank you.

Rosie63x

Hi Rosie the feet have so many pressure points so I massage the oil all over feet especially the soles.  Then let it dry and go to bed. Unsure of benefits but will  try anything Unsure. If its the yoghurt but will see this week, as I will make sure I don't forget to eat before bed.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 01:39:52 PM »

Rosie - you may have vaginal atrophy which can be eased by appropriate treatment into the vagina which re-plumps tissues.  It's thinning that can cause VA symptoms.

I use LIVE yoghurt for thrush symptoms.  Eaten and applied  ;)

Rosie63

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 02:29:54 PM »

Thanks ladies.  Xx

Angel1964

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 07:25:44 AM »

Well didn't wake as many times. Had a bit longer deep sleep (as Fitbit tells me). Did wake at 5 but managed to get a bit of sleep after that til alarm at 6:15. Will continue each night this week and let you all know at weekend the results xx

Rosie63

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 08:28:17 AM »

Sounds promising Angel1964. Do keep us updated 😊 x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 09:51:51 AM »

Let us know!

Dancing Queen

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 10:26:31 AM »

I wake at 3 or 4 or on a good night 5 am every night and am awake for 1 or 2 hours. It's so annoying. Might have to try the yoghurt. Also getting cramps as an hrt side effect. Do you think magnesium oil would help with them?

Angel1964

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 10:28:54 AM »

I wake at 3 or 4 or on a good night 5 am every night and am awake for 1 or 2 hours. It's so annoying. Might have to try the yoghurt. Also getting cramps as an hrt side effect. Do you think magnesium oil would help with them?

Give the Yoghurt a go. Yes magnesium oil is fab for cramps :) xx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 02:31:34 PM »

Salt in the diet is good for cramp too  ;)
Pages: [1] 2