Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70

Author Topic: Holidays 2019  (Read 99594 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Holidays 2019
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2019, 11:15:45 PM »

The Penrith area is lovely.  High ropes - uuummm  ???

June in Scotland, The Borders, : Hadrian's Wall?  We stayed on a Farm which was the first camp that Baden Powell took boys to camp.  If I could remember the name I could share it with you  :D

CLKD

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2019, 10:51:37 AM »

Anxiety rears it's head even thinking about going away  :'(.  I need to see a friend but I haven't been able to pick a date yet  :'( and that's to go to her house for 3 hours and back here.

AgathaC

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2019, 01:00:19 PM »

I walked Hadrian's Wall in October. You can PM me for any tips, detailed info. Can thoroughly recommend the brand New Youth Hostel at The Sill xx

Aby123

• First Flush
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 04:19:14 AM »

Ive booked to go to Cornwall in July (before the school holidays start!)
It seems a million years away....think I need to book something else to keep me going

JaneinPen

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 09:07:12 AM »

We have booked Centre Parcs Penrith for Feb . Meeting up with friends who have just had a baby (He is in his late 40s! Respect!).
At least there will be warm water to wallow in and they have a nice outdoor pool, lit at night. I can do some jogs around the woods. Am doing high ropes challenge with my son.  Still thinking about June... thanks for all your suggestions. I am yearning for sunshine at the moment.
My neck of the woods. Not sure if you will have children with you but if you do a visit to Lowther Castle would be an enjoyable option. They have built a huge wooden castle in the grounds for the kids and it is amazing

Lanzalover

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 04:08:42 PM »

Looking forward to Lanzarote on 2nd March hoping for a repeat of last years weather we had an absolutely glorious week.

Lanzalover x

jaypo

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 04:23:31 PM »

Oh Lanzalover,the weather was just perfect when we were there,sat at our fave pub looking over a marina and watched the world go by,aaaah bliss 😊

Roseneath

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2019, 05:21:07 PM »

After my disastrous attempt at a solo holiday alone pre-Christmas (Weeks Yoga & meditation retreat only 2 hours away. I only lasted 19 hours!) my DH has suggested I visit by cousin in Bournemouth  for a couple of days or have a week chilling in the Canaries. I would have been excited about this 10 years ago but in the last 6 month there is a definite loss of nerve. Will I sleep? What if I panic? etc etc rather than ' Make mine a large one' .    It's bonkers.   I took a year off to backpack round Asia alone at 28. I could sleep anywhere, eat anything, talk to anyone.   There must be a market for Peri/Meno holidays - we could be one big understanding mess of 24/7 neurosis.  I really sympathise  CLKD. I'm sure once you are there you would be fine but there is the ' getting there' too.   :-\

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2019, 05:26:24 PM »

I want to get home at the end of the holiday to know whether I've enjoyed it or panicked that not's the way to look forwards.  For me it's physical.  Once that nausea kicks in I am away home.  I am better if alone 'cos I don't have to explain myself.  I can come and go, stay in bed or a deep bubble bath without justifying myself.

Would a trip to Bournemouth help, my cousin wants to 'meet up' but that means making plans  :'(

Droopeydrawers

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2019, 09:47:50 PM »

I've booked Lanzarote leaving next Thursday all being well this time.i felt so bad not going in December and letting hubby down again so I'm going to be extra vigilant with my eating this next 7 days and not do anything that causes me discomfort or anxiety and do my damdest to get away.my "calm" app and Dr chaterjees 4 pillar book will be worn out this week 😂🤞DD😘

Shadyglade

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2019, 09:51:01 PM »

Well done you.  I'm sure you will be fine.

Think of me in Sunny Suffolk  ::)  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2019, 10:06:46 PM »

Good for you dd,I'm sure you'll get there this time 😊

Droopeydrawers

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2019, 10:09:00 PM »

I feel a bit of a fraud since I used to be the one geeing my friends up on here and saying go away you'll be fine and pointing out all the positives then I fall by the wayside myself lol.
Never mind shadyglade if I have to crawl to that airport on Thursday I will I'm determined to not let this get on top of me again.im not a very good example right now am I 😂thank you as always for your kind words take care 😘DD

Droopeydrawers

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2019, 10:11:28 PM »

Thank you jaypo I'm so pleased you enjoyed your cruise,Did someone say "cruise" 😂 you did great 😘DD

jaypo

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2019, 10:38:02 PM »

;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70