Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Runny nose  (Read 2480 times)

Nellie Noo

Runny nose
« on: December 17, 2018, 09:44:38 PM »

Hello ladies ... anyone else suffering from a runny drippy nose? Not got a cold, but my nose has been running on and off for weeks now ... its very annoying ! I know recently i have been suffering from dry eyes and itchy ears and now the nose ! Was wondering if it could be hormonal ? Anyone got any suggestions apart from anti histamines... which ive tried... to no avail . Tia x

jaypo

Re: Runny nose
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 09:56:53 PM »

Oh me too,my nose is like a tap,I've dry eyes too but only when I first open them.
What I have noticed is that since cutting out lactose,I no longer get phlegm in my throat,unfortunately that means no more cappuccinos but it's a small price to pay.there used to be a brilliant tablet called mucron,which was fab but they stopped making them,so now I'm like you and sniff my way through life 🤧😪

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 10:38:56 PM »

Yep I'm the same.
I only have to bend down to pick something up sometimes and my nose just drips.
I thought it might have something to do with antihistamines, as at first they dry everything up, then after you get the back log. If you see what I mean.
I always carry tissues with me everywhere.
I also get drip sometimes at night at the back of my throat, which wakes me up coughing all hours, which drives me barmy.....

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 01:32:00 AM »

Sorry Nelly Noo to hear your a bit drippy!   ;)   Had all those symptoms when I was peri and earache.  Just used the usual eyedrops and antihistimines as you say so can't suggest anything different.  Just try all the different types of antihistimine but you may have done that already.  I also used the sudafed stuff you put up your nose on a bad day.  My earache was so bad sometimes I would put some ibruprofen gel on the end of an earbud and stick it inside my ear - you should have seen my ENT consultants face when I told him!  Worked though!

It is common though to get allegies and sensitivities you never had before in meno.  I remember the first year I got bad hayfever, couldnt work it out, I'd never had it before, but looking back it was an indication I was into peri.  Now I'm post all those things gone except for dry eyes sometimes.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 10:43:04 AM »

Aw thank you ladies for your replies ... i was suspecting menopause ! 😳 everything is drying up apart from my nose ! Come to think of it ... i do now sneeze at things that never bothered me ; perfume, cold air, the horses hay 🤔 so yes it could be allergies. As for ears .. they are so itchy and i have earache when i go out in the wind ...heavens above as if we dont have enough to deal with !
But thanks for all your replies and suggestions xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 12:36:45 PM »

:tulips2:

BlueButterfly

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 04:28:06 PM »

I have to take a 24 hour allergy pill in the morning, plus Benadryl in the afternoon and evening when my "allergies" get bad. I say "allergies" because the allergy tests say I don't have any.  ::)  ;D
I need decongestants when I get my ear aches from all this.
And my allergies have been awful this winter. They should be letting up but they seem to be getting worse.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 05:22:26 PM »

I was tested for allergens in the 1960s via pin **** tests, absolutely nowt showed.  Decided that I was allergic to DH  ::) but I later found out that it was cat fur.  I kept cats for years in the 1980s/90s and after we didn't have any, the symptoms improved.  Deep Hoovering weekly helps keep symptoms at bay - the itchiness starts in the dimple of my chin then into the roof of my mouth where my tongue scratches constantly.  So DH gets out the Hoover ........ helps ease symptoms for a while.

Now that peri has closed off my Eustachian tubes my ears itch deep down .......... 'spaniel ear' we calls it  :D.  I have post nasal drip which makes my throat claggy.  Add that to drying skin  >:(  ???

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 05:34:47 PM »

Humans have carpets.
We don't air our properties as most have double glazing.
We have to keep doors/windows shut/locked to keep out un-wanteds.
I remember Grannies Spring Cleaning - everything was removed, carpets and curtains hung on the line and whacked with a beater.  Hung in the sunshine to bleach and air.
We have non-natural fabrics around.
Carpets are treated in the factories which can cause allergies.
We tend not to walk/cycle as often ........

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 07:04:40 PM »

Maybe it's humans  :o ........