Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estrogen Levels  (Read 1532 times)

zen

Estrogen Levels
« on: December 07, 2018, 03:03:57 PM »

Hi I have posted before and wonder if any of you can help.  I am on Proff Studds regime of Estrogen, Cyclogest and testosterone.  I have just had my estrogen levels checked and it is 143(75-140).  Am confused if this should be higher or not as someone mentioned  before that Proff Studd said people might need levesl of up to 800 to feel better and get rid of menopausal anxiety and depression which I am really struggling with.  I am 9 years post menopause and am 56 and also have CFS and have been more exhausted than ever since the menopause and my mood has been awful.

Thanks in advance

zen

Joaniepat

Re: Estrogen Levels
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 04:49:44 PM »

It may be that you are not absorbing the oestrogen very well from whichever delivery method you are on. I did not absorb enough from 3 pumps of Oestrogel, achieving less than 100 pmol/l. I have switched to Sandrena to see if I do any better on that, but don't yet have results of latest bloods. I'm aiming for at least 200 pmol to help prevent osteoporosis.
JP x

zen

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 05:34:30 PM »

Thanks JP.  That interesting about your experience with Oestrogel.  I wonder what prevents it from absorbing.  I've just found a print out of my blood tests from 2016 when my oestrogen level was 515! I think I was on Angelique (tablet HRT) at the time.  Maybe I am not absorbing the gel that well either.
 I hope you get on better with the sandrena gel.

zen x

racjen

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 05:35:18 PM »

Yes, 143 is still very low if you're mainly suffering from mood problems - my level is now 991pmol on Evorel 100, and my consultant has put the dose up further - to 150 for 6 weeks and then to 200 if I'm still suffering. Some women really do need extremely high levels to feel OK.

zen

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 06:23:24 PM »

Gosh thanks Racjen.  Not much wonder I am really struggling!  I still wasn't that great at the 515 level so I suspect I need a pretty high level of oestrogen to function. Apart from the awful anxiety and depression my CFS fatigue too has got much much worse too so I suspect that is hormonal too. :( I hope your increase helps.

zen x