Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Foul smelling sweat  (Read 2613 times)

Dottywigg

Foul smelling sweat
« on: December 06, 2018, 04:29:36 PM »

Is it a normal for my sweat to smell stronger than normal?

Conolly

Re: Foul smelling sweat
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 04:48:54 PM »

Hello Dottywigg,

Welcome! I have noticed that as well, it seems to be another menopause joy. See if this is of any help https://www.vergowoman.com/menopause-body-odour/

Conolly X

Dottywigg

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »

Thanks 😁 I thought so lol I can smell it a couple of hours after showering these last few weeks.
I love that I can ask in here and there is always someone to help x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 05:09:25 PM »

I started a thread : Ohhhh ERRRR : years ago.  Yet DH says he can't smell me  ;D

Dottywigg

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 06:42:15 PM »

None of my family admit they can smell me......I think they are scared! Lol

Conolly

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 07:10:04 PM »

None of my family admit they can smell me......I think they are scared! Lol

Maybe they really can't. A heightened sense of smell (and touch, hearing) is another menopause joy!

Conolly X

AG

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 07:41:42 PM »

Hi,

I also noticed that sometimes I smell foul despite showering etc. In the last few years my face especially became very greasy at and oily at times smelling foul no matter what soap I used etc(skin on face has become much drier this year). I was wondering whether there are some (odourless) deodorants that have worked well for anyone? This peri stuff is really great fun! Anna

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 07:52:52 PM »

Not  ;D ..... there are plenty of anti-perspirants that are supposedly scene free but I can always smell something in the product  ::) - deodorants cover up the smell ;-)

Did U read my thread ........

Gangan

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 08:27:44 PM »

I've used Mitchum for years which has an unscented one. I noticed myself smelling and bought some Sure Invisible Antibacterial Antiperspirant. I now switch between the 2 depending on how smelly i am that day or where i am going !!

GanganX

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 09:36:25 PM »

I've found the most effective is a deodorant stone which doesn't smell at all - it's not always effective on my worst days, but its 100 x better than any of the scented roll ons I used to try.

Dottywigg

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 10:48:39 PM »

I've found the most effective is a deodorant stone which doesn't smell at all - it's not always effective on my worst days, but its 100 x better than any of the scented roll ons I used to try.

Where can I get this from?

Gangan

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 08:07:25 AM »

You learn something everyday on this forum ! :)  I've just looked this up and it is antibacterial which is what i was looking for when i changed deodorants. I will be trying it. Thanks from me.

Gangan X

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 01:05:04 PM »

Anti-persiperant and deodorant are for different uses.  The first stops the perspiration as it dries on the skin, a deodorant is usually perfumed, to cover up smells.  It is caused by bacteria forming in closed sweaty areas, i.e. under arms, any skin folds and feet.

Keeping the under arms hair free is important.   

am#

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 08:31:32 PM »

This has been a problem for me for a couple of years never before and i live in a warm climate , deodrant for me seems to make it worse the only thing that seems to help is tea tree oil shampoo!leave it on for a few minutes before shower.If you google it's supposed to kill the fungus that makes the smell.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 10:10:49 PM »

It's bacteria that causes the smell.  Each area of the body has a different 'scent' due to the bacteria that conolosies that area. 

Fungus is different  ;)

Deoderants can cause more problems than they solve  ::) as the body odour can alter - hormones, drug therapies, chemo.
Pages: [1] 2