Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Please help me  (Read 1265 times)

Focus

Please help me
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:12:37 PM »

I've just had a call from my GP.

She wants me to go in for an appointment on the 19 December.

She doesn't want me to carry on with the Loestrin and wants to discuss options.

I explained to her that I needed to feel some level of control over the situation, and to please let me carry on, but she's not for budging.

I have PTSD so having the control taken away from me is one of the worst things for me. It is so triggering. So triggering. So triggering. So triggering.

I can't cope now, I really can't. I thought it was bad before. It's now worse.

Why can't she listen to me?

Why don't doctors listen to you?

Help me someone. Please. Please. Please.

Ladybt28

Re: Please help me
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 03:52:08 PM »

Hi Focus, nice to have you in the forum but not under the circumstances.  Welcome!
Loestrin is a birth control pill, is that right, I looked it up. Its beyond frustrating when our GP's don't listen to us and its very common plus they have no idea the panic and ongoing anxiety they cause.  Drives me mental and I get quite angry about it - my own GP has been guilty too.

Please give us some more information about yourself, like how old you are, why you are on this particular pill, what your symptoms have been and how you have come to the menopause forum, any treatments you have had in the pat.  We would like to know loads about you in general anyway but in order to advise what to say to your GP or provide you with ammo to take with you we need to know more about how you find yourself in this position.

Meno and anxiety are terrible to deal with generally, having PTSD as well must be terrifying in the feelings your body can produce I am so sorry that you are feeling this way.  Anyway there will be plenty of words of advice and comfort coming your way soon - just tell us more.  :welcomemm:

AgathaC

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 05:03:37 PM »

Hello Focus. I think if I were you I would try and get an emergency appointment sooner than 19th December. Explain to the receptionist that you can't wait that long and the anxiety at having to wait is making the situation worse. That gives you more time before Christmas to try to get some control of the situation. I am so sorry that you are feeling so awful xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 05:06:56 PM »

I replied on your thread yesterday.   When I was desperate I would go and sit in the Waiting Room until someone could see me.  Many times!!  19th is long to wait without anxiety taking over.

Do you have support at home?  and keep taking the medication if you have some.

Focus

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 05:53:22 PM »

Thank you.

I will keep taking the medication, for sure.

My plan now is to write a letter to my GP before anything else. I don't think she believes that I am going through the perimenopause thing. I will explain that it is what the doctor at the walk in clinic when I was referred said to me.

Then explain my symptoms.

And then talk about the PTSD triggering part and suggest ways of approaching it (by both of us) so that she doesn't inadvertently do something or say something that triggers me.

How does that sound?

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 06:01:11 PM »

I have answered your other thread  ;).

Little steps.

Focus

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 06:32:33 PM »

Thank you 😊

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 07:56:10 PM »

Try not to rush ..... this too will pass but we need to remain as hydrated and filled with good foods as it is possible to be.  To allow Nature to get us through ;-)