Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Blood results...still don't know!  (Read 1036 times)

lisa_w

Blood results...still don't know!
« on: December 05, 2018, 03:54:46 PM »

Hi all, I got my blood results back today and have to get my fsh level repeated in 6 weeks that's all the comment was. So I don't know if it's normal then

My FSH level was 23.5

My LH was 21.6

I still don't know whether to start the hrt patch or not...I haven't got a clue!
I think I was calender day 19 if that makes any difference  :'( :'( :'(
Lisa xx

sheila99

Re: Blood results...still don't know!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »

I don't know about levels but doesn't the patient info tell you when to start? I think from memory it's the first day after your bleed has finished.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 08:56:31 PM »

Hi lisa_w - how old are you and what are your periods doing? If you are starting cyclical HRT then you start on the first day of the next proper bleed which counts as Day 1. If your periods are very infrequent then start at any time, but if they are frequent eg approx 3-7 weeks apart then wait until the next one - just a rough guide.

However if you are having FSH levels redone then have you been asked to delay starting HRT until after then otherwise you will not get a true result? When you get them repeated and if you have not started HRT you need to make sure they are done on Days 3-5 of the cycle. Day 19 means the level could have been high due to ovulation. If you are approx aged 40 or under you need two tests anyway 4-6 weeks apart to confirm peri-menopause.

No need to be upset - you will find out all in good time and be able to start treatment at the right time for you. However the surgery should have spoken to you about them. Perhaps you could phone the practice and ask to speak to a doctor at least - after all you should be entitled to an explanation of your results?!

Hurdity x

lisa_w

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 09:21:29 PM »

I have no idea lol...I am 43 and it's been a nightmare for past few years. About a year and half ago my blood test said positive for perimenoupause.
My periods were alwsys 4 weeks exactly...then they started a 3 week cycle...then nothing for 6 weeks then one that lasted 10 days.
She gave me the hrt away then phoned me for blood test...then today I got the results.
I honestly cannot belive if this is what it is that's it's so bad! Can't imagine another few years! Xxx

NaturalMystic

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 09:53:22 PM »

Hi all, I got my blood results back today and have to get my fsh level repeated in 6 weeks that's all the comment was. So I don't know if it's normal then

My FSH level was 23.5

My LH was 21.6

I still don't know whether to start the hrt patch or not...I haven't got a clue!
I think I was calender day 19 if that makes any difference  :'( :'( :'(
Lisa xx
Trust your instincts, you know you!