Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Things I have diagnosed myself with this year!  (Read 94548 times)

marge

Re: Things I have diagnosed myself with this year!
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 08:46:26 PM »

Just had to join in this fantastic thread:

Started 2018 with bone cancer and ended it with lung cancer with Leukaemia in between.

If we didn't laugh about it sometimes, we'd all go mad.

Happy 2019 to you all!!

Aby123

• First Flush
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2019, 09:07:00 PM »

Roseneath.....Re the swallowing.
Oh my life, I had something like this, it was driving me nuts with worry so I trotted off to the doctors (poor mans heart must sink when he sees my name on the list) he examined my throat, said it looked ok, told me not to take anything and said it would go in about a fortnignt, and to stop thinking about it.....
The man is a genius, I stopped concentrating on it and thinking/worrying about it....And suddenly I didnt notice it anymore!!!! One thing crossed off my list, but as sure as eggs is eggs another one will relapce it  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2019, 07:01:44 PM »

I was sent to hospital with lump in my throat,had to drink that white chalky stuff,then x rayed,the dr was very handsome and after the procedure,I have to admit I was a bit flirty with him,back to changing room thinking,yep Jen,you've still got it girl,only to look in mirror and see said white chalky stuff all over my lips and chin,landed back to earth with a thump.anyway,the minute he told me all was fine,that cancerous lump disappeared,how strange

BlueButterfly

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 10:30:49 AM »

I had a lump in my throat I couldn't get rid of for awhile. It made me scared to swallow anything as I thought it would get stuck. I was constantly swallowing trying to get rid of it. When I would work, it got worse...felt like someone was choking me tighter and tighter by the minute. Yes, anxiety. Acupuncture actually helped me a lot to get through that. Then I learned it was from muscle tension in my neck because I could massage a certain muscle when it was happening and I got some relief. Now that I have a better handle on the anxiety, it is gone 99% of the time.... just dealing with the muscle tension  >:(. The ridiculous cough I have now is not helping!

I find myself more aware/sensitive to everything going on in my body. I wonder how much of this happened before but I just brushed it off. Oh health anxiety....you are definitely not my friend.

Roseneath

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 11:46:03 AM »

The throat thing is called Globus Hystericus by the way...totally caused by health anxiety.  My ears are still ringing from  my last trip to the GPs when; after having presented the GP with about 10 ailments I was sure were life threatening was informed:   ' You are not young anymore. You are not old but you are not young. And you are not ill.    That was it!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 03:02:21 PM »

Reassuring then?  ::).  I don't want my nose rubbed into how I am already feeling  :cuss:

Aby123

• First Flush
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 07:00:25 AM »

Roseneath....thanks for the medical term, and yes, Im sure my GP would say exactly the same to me.  I had to have a telephone consultation on Monday re my blood pressure tablets, poor guy couldnt get off thehone fast enough  :'(
But i have to say this site is a blessing....being with you ladies makes me feel normal, whatever that is :-\

jaypo

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 03:33:18 PM »

Haha I haven't been “normal “ for years 🤪

Roseneath

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2019, 05:14:09 PM »

Just remembered this one. I kids you not June 2017 I turned up at A & E in a mess saying I had ' Fatal ' Insomnia'  after a particularly bad bout of hardly sleeping. After waiting a few hours I ended up with a trainee GP who gave me me a seat and a coffee. He was in fits when I mentioned the fatal insomnia (Thanks Google).  Said it was a notorious ' Dr Google' ailment. Mentioned all the millions of sailors and soldiers who survive with very little sleep for long periods.

He did warn me that sites like ' www.mebmd' and ' www.healthline.com' (The first two sites that come up when you Google anything health related) are completely bogus. Set up to panic and frighten and lead the most trivial symptoms to the most feared things. Totally made to max clicks/profit.  He also gave me a couple of valium and a benzoate sleeping pill and said I needed to reset my brain for one night then everything would seem better. I was very anti medication but he was right and from then on things got better. :)

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2019, 01:09:18 PM »

That is such good news  :foryou:

Ellen May

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2019, 08:58:35 PM »

I have a sore stomach at the moment, has been on and off since Friday afternoon, and keep googling stomach cancer. I can't seem to stop searching even though it is the only symptom I have...

It feels as though it is burning inside but I can poke and push my stomach hard without it hurting and it hasn't affected my appetite.

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2019, 09:06:57 PM »

Wind?  I get a burning sometimes. 

jaypo

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2019, 09:08:49 PM »

Adrenaline?acid reflux?

Ellen May

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2019, 10:48:38 PM »

Probably is wind or indigestion. I did eat my lunch incredibly fast on Friday as running late and it started shortly after that. Then my mind goes into overdrive which prolongs the symptoms.

Funnily enough it's gone now and I only realised that when I saw your replies.

Will probably have some,thing else by the morning 😀

BlueButterfly

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2019, 02:19:13 AM »

Tonight (for me right now), I'm freaking out about a possible DVT. Developed pain behind my knee, tender to touch....seems to be getting worse. Leg just feels odd. Scared out if my mind it is DVT, doesn't help that I am genetically at a higher risk for one. I just did a walk yesterday. Nothing much. Can't think why it would hurt. Trying not to run to the emergency but want to as well because it would rule it out at least. I just don't know. I'm very scared. The pain is weird, different.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11