Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Phenegran and dryness  (Read 897 times)

Tc

Phenegran and dryness
« on: November 20, 2018, 11:42:16 PM »

Hiya all. I have just realised that I'm pretty certain taking phenegran 50mg at night was making vaginal dryness much worse.
Dr gave it to me to help sleep but after stopping it I realised it might be making things worse. Restarted again and yep I'm pretty sure it made it worse.
Just thought I'd share. I know everyone reacts differently to meds and I certainly wouldn't encourage anyone to stop meds a Dr has prescribed but they had some other side effects as well so that's why I came off them.
Keep well and take carex

Maryjane

Re: Phenegran and dryness
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 07:18:34 AM »

Yes antihistamines dry up all mucosal membranes, eyes, ears, nose , mouth & vagina.

Others drugs can also effect vaginal dryness.

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 11:13:21 AM »

I was prescribed phenegran by gp a couple of years ago to help me sleep.  I didn't take it for long but wouldn't have taken at all if I'd known that.  Why don't these GP's give proper info about the stuff they give out?  Phenegran was hit and miss for sleeping and gave me terrible feeling of tightness in my chest so I stopped.  I wouldn't recommend it for sleeping.

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 12:57:51 PM »

I have taken various antihistamines for hay fever.  I try and do without if possible because of the drying and also the fuzzy head/sleepiness they give me

The acrivastine that I took this year was better for drowsiness, but I found that my mouth was dry when I was eating, which I thought could not be good for my gums and teeth.  I now have stones in my salivary ducts on one side.  :(