Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: lump under skin on thigh?  (Read 1114 times)

Ambergirl

lump under skin on thigh?
« on: November 18, 2018, 08:14:20 PM »

Well, another strange thing. I am so glad to be able to read other posts otherwise I would think myself going crazy. At times I don't feel like I know my body at all. Friday I was feeling a bit tired and my legs aching but I do spend most of the day on my feet and usually rack up about 4-5 miles just walking about the school and my classroom - anyway I kneaded my thigh and felt a hard pea sized lump a little way under the skin. Nothing to see on the skin surface but what is it now?! Of course, my health anxiety means that I am sure it is something terrible and I acknowledge that this is a possibility but I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything like this? I am 2 stone overweight and most of the weight is classic pear so I have large thighs that I try to avoid looking at generally.
I really want to lose weight but keep seem to be sabotaging that too. Any ideas or thoughts ladies?

AgathaC

Re: lump under skin on thigh?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 11:22:17 PM »

I've got one on my left thigh. Dermatologist told me it's a fatty lump.
I'm also 2 stone overweight with thighs that look like those big gammon hams you buy at Christmas. I try and avoid looking at my thighs too but they are hard to miss these days!
I have health anxiety too and am always looking for lumps and bumps, which is how I found the one on my thigh.
Make a (non urgent) appointment to see the GP to get it checked out just in case but I suspect he/she will tell you that it's a fatty lump.
I've started walking to help my anxiety and hopefully shift some weight.
You are a teacher. Could you walk to and from school? Or is that a stupid suggestion with marking, books, etc.

Annika

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 12:02:47 AM »

Had one on my inner thigh were my legs rub together turned out to be a cyst that needed draining (sorry to be so graphic) but they seem to be pretty common. Once that was taken care of no more problems.

Ambergirl

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 07:07:52 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I am seeing a GP tomorrow so hopefully they will tell me it is just nothing. It does feel sore so I don't know if it is just a random lump. On the plus side I have been trying to eat a healthier diet and stepping on the scales this morning I'd lost 2llbs :)