Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS  (Read 761 times)

SS1995

LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS
« on: November 17, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knew of any local support groups for menopause? If so I would like to hear about them. There is a horrendous lack of support for women out there. I am finding it really hard at the moment and have been struggling with depression for the last two years. None of my friends can relate as I am so young and I find this very tough and lonely.
I need a little help.
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: LOCAL SUPPORT GROUPS
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 08:22:01 PM »

Nope.  You could of course ask at your local Volunteering Office, Councils often have them in the same buildings.  Or look on the Library notice boards or at your local Hospital?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 10:09:21 PM »

Hi SS1995 - have you tried The Daisy Network which is especially for women experiencing early menopause or POF?  I'm so sorry you are feeling so low at the moment. It must be very isolating having to deal with this in your twenties but we are all here to support you in any way we can.

Taz x  :hug:

cazjen44

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 05:17:55 PM »

Hi SS1995, try Facebook for support groups, there's a few appear if you type in menopause.  Also again online try the Meetup website - this has lots of groups listed for allsorts of things and you can narrow the search to the area where you live.  I too went through surgical menopause at a young age 31.  I'm now 48 but having a few troubles with hrt.  I had no support or understanding at the time of surgery and post surgery but now with social media things are alot different.  Here to help if you need support x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 07:11:04 PM »

Maybe your Nurse Practitioner would be interested in starting a group?