Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Anxiety an Panic  (Read 9814 times)

NaturalMystic

Anxiety an Panic
« on: November 17, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »

I believe I have been peri for 10 years, have all the signs, I turned 50 this year (and hate that number lol).

What I find the most difficult is the panic, the feeling of impending doom that just comes over you.  You don't know to do, to fight (stay) or run the feeling of wanting to run away from your body is tremendous.  Having one of these today and just feel helpless.

I have a fantastic week, panic free, sleeping better (I think due to the oestrogen gel).

Anyone else have these? You really think his is your time to die when its happening but of course you don't ... But maybe this time.

I think I'm losing my mind.

Nicky, Essex

Oh, hi all 😋

jaypo

Re: Anxiety an Panic
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 01:12:58 PM »

Hi Nicky
Yes I think you'll find most of us here have had those symptoms & still do get them,antidepressants a plenty🤪 some of us choose not to take them & some do, I think between us all we've had every major terminal illness.Dont worry you're not alone xxx

NaturalMystic

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 01:18:33 PM »

Thanks for replying.

I read messages on here when suffering, it always brings me back to reality and normality.

I was on amitryptaline but that caused irregular heart beats, causing sudden butterfy feelings in my throat, leading to anxiety .. Exactly y I was on them. Decided to come off.

Now managing on the gel, propranalol when I have mild anxiety and take 2mg of valium when having a severe panic, sometimes not even once a wee.

I just felt so well this week and here it comes out of left field.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 01:37:28 PM »

Yeah it's horrible,it's fine being told it's “normal “ but doesn't really help us when it's happening. I was put on sertraline & it made me so nauseous I came off them,so at the moment I'm just trying to handle it the best I can
Hold on in there girl,we women are fighters,we'll get to the light at the end of the tunnel one day ...........won't we?😳

NaturalMystic

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 01:47:34 PM »

We bloody well better see that light  :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 05:07:20 PM »

Despite knowing what causes my anxiety which leads to full blown panic when I flee the situation, doesn't stop the physicality taking over.  Hence my requirement of an emergency pill otherwise I wouldn't be here.

NaturalMystic

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »

Despite knowing what causes my anxiety which leads to full blown panic when I flee the situation, doesn't stop the physicality taking over.  Hence my requirement of an emergency pill otherwise I wouldn't be here.
I know what you mean, its debilitating.  My anxiety usually comes as a result of a physical symptom, like a heart flutter or just feeling unwell.  Its so frightening, sometimes I fear losing my mind when its happening and so scared I won't come back.  Is it the same for you?

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 06:13:39 PM »

It definitely is the same for me,the tiniest of twinge can send me spiralling,just don't know how to get out of the vicious circle.anyone tried hypnotherapy?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 08:31:18 PM »

Yep to the similarity.  Nope to hypnotherapy, my boss told me that I wasn't suitable  ;D

I have tried relaxation exercises.  Deep breathing.  Soft music in the night.  Deep baths.  Gentle walking.  Medication.

4 me I feel nauseous which makes my thighs feel weak, then my calves, then I'm rolled into a ball  :'(.  No thought pattern, it's instant.

Eating regularly however can ease anxiety surges, that is, every 3 hours! day and night ;-)

westie

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 08:44:57 AM »

Completely understand where you are coming from Naturalmystic, you could be describing my symptoms exactly!

Thing is, until all this hit I was never particularly an anxious person, it just comes out of nowhere and takes over and it is very scary.

I think CKLD is right, eating regularly is key, keeping blood sugar stable, it definitely helps me. That and not spending too much time on my own, even if I just go out for a walk and speak to complete strangers while I am out I feel better.

AgathaC

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 11:22:51 AM »

Hi ladies.
So I've tried everything for my Anxiety which is definitely hormonal/perimenopause related. By everything I mean everything that is not HRT or AD's.
CBT, mindfulness, essential oils, podcasts, self help books, you name it.
The ONLY thing which is really and properly helping me is....brisk walking.
So now I'm walking for half an hour during which I cover about 4km. I walk briskly rain or shine. I have to do this at 5.30am and at 9pm, because I have a family and I work.
It's also good for my 2 stone weight increase, of course.
Being outside helps enormously and I feel tons better when I get back home.
Natural Mystic - how about a walking trial? Xx

jaypo

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »

I used to run 5k 3 x a week until I had to have foot surgery,I really loved it but have done hardly any exercise since,losing so much weight recently has put me off exercise but I really should go for nice brisk walks with my dogs, I agree with you Agatha,it's good for body mind and soul

marge

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 03:36:04 PM »

Walking really is the best exercise and it's free! I can't think how many times l've walked out of my front door in a stare of acute anxiety only to walk back in an hour later feeling calm and optimistic again. Nothing like it!

Charlie62

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 01:03:51 PM »

I can completely understand what you are going through naturalmystic.
I started on femoston conti tablets but changed to everol conti patches as my anxiety was getting worse and thought a change of hrt may help. It did for a while but I'm having good and bad days. It just hits for no apparent reason. Some days I feel great and think iv beaten it then when back to feeling awful. I'm like you thinking that I must have something awful. I agree with the ither ladies that walking is good for the mind & i also write down my thoughts so when I have a bad day I can look back and see that nothing bad happened to me.
Hope you are feeling well today

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 01:36:05 PM »

Panic is awful.  Appropriate medication can help regardless of the causation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5