Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie and sooo fed up  (Read 1056 times)

LMJ45

Newbie and sooo fed up
« on: November 17, 2018, 01:04:24 PM »

Hi all.  First post and looking for advice.  I'm in the peri stage and have probably been for the last 5 years.  Finally went to my dr in May due to anxiety, terrible internal tremors and external shaking, very low mood, not sleeping (2/3 hours a night) very heavy periods every 2 weeks and pain all over my body.  I was rather shocked when my bloods came back and was told it was peri menopause.  I don't know why I was shocked as I'm 45.  I was put on Evorel Sequi patches.  Most of the symptoms prior to patches disappeared which was fantastic!  But, I then gained new symptoms - no appetite, chest pressure, abdominal pressure.  Went back to my GP a few weeks ago and have now been given Femseven sequi.  I now feel as if I'm back to square one.  I'm in pain, anxiety is back, pressure headaches, no energy.  I know I haven't been on them that long, but don't know what to do now.  Has anyone else suffered these symptoms on Femseven and they went away over time?  Do I need to give it longer?  Just at a loss and feel so rubbish.  I'm hoping someone has some insight.  Thanks

Dancing Queen

Re: Newbie and sooo fed up
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 02:21:24 PM »

Hi LMJ sorry you are suffering a lot. I have been on femseven sequi for 3 months..really lucky that the only side effect for me was crampy feet and twitchy calf muscles. Settled down a lot now I think it can take up to 3 months for it all to settle. I would say give it that long if you can. Hope you get some relief xx

LMJ45

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »

Thank you Dancing Queen for taking the time to reply.  I know deep down I need to give it time, I just feel so rotten.  Spent all day on the sofa, I'm so achy. :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 08:29:25 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Have your tried pain relief?

:welcomemm:

It can take months to find an HRT that suits.  The body rarely gets where it is suddenly so it will take a while for it to accept the HRT.

Gentle exercise can help.  Hobbies.  Rest.  Treats ;-) - mine is a bubble bath with good book and cuppa every evening :-)

NaturalMystic

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Have your tried pain relief?

It can take months to find an HRT that suits.  The body rarely gets where it is suddenly so it will take a while for it to accept the HRT.

Gentle exercise can help.  Hobbies.  Rest.  Treats ;-) - mine is a bubble bath with good book and cuppa every evening :-)
Your posts chear me up, thank you xxxx

LMJ45

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 08:05:33 PM »

Thank you CLKD.  Yes, taking regular pain relief, not doing much to be honest.  I'll just have to ride it out for a bit longer and hope it settles.