Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Heavy Bleed - Clots  (Read 1543 times)

shally0318

Heavy Bleed - Clots
« on: November 17, 2018, 11:31:08 AM »

Hi I had my Mirena removed a month ago  and they could not refit another as retroverted uterus & was put on sandrena & utrogestan morning and night. I had a heavy bleed with clots for about a week, then a week and a half of light bleeding and then a week of no bleeds (great I thought)
Well last Tuesday a heavy bleed has started again and large clots. I can feel the clots just slipping out of me.
Is this normal when you start HRT, I am still waiting for biopsy results taken on 18/10.

Taz2

Re: Heavy Bleed - Clots
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 12:26:41 PM »

Hi shally - sorry you are still having problems. Under your other thread Hurdity posted that you may find this progesterone is not enough to control the bleeding. You can read it here (in case you are unable to find your first thread) https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,41562.msg654972.html#msg654972

Although passing clots feels horrible it is, in fact, a good sign as it means your clotting mechanism is working (according to my own GP).

Taz x  :hug:

shally0318

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 12:47:14 PM »

Thanks Taz will see how it goes over weekend and may ring Docs on Monday if its still heavy. Its just like going back in time before I had my Mirena fitted, heavy periods that leave you feeling drained and bloated. I had a great week no bleeds and feeling great then this happened.

shally0318

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 02:54:35 PM »

Hi I am still bleeding heavy with big clots. I am on 100mg utrogesten can I take 2 tablets tonight, I will try to get to docs tomorrow or should I wait?

shally0318

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 02:46:45 PM »

Hi just my update. I managed to see Doc who put me on Tranexamic Acid for four days and upped Utrogesten to 2 x100mg per night.
I was fast tracked back to Gyne, been today and I have been put on the 'Urgent List' for another Hysteroscophy under general and having the Mirena put back in. I have just got to wait for my appointment so fingers crossed it will be sooner rather than later.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 03:09:11 PM »

How do U feel?

shally0318

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 03:34:52 PM »

I feel happy to be having the Mirena put back in CLKD it does/did help with my heavy bleeds. My mood is better with HRT so just looking forward to getting this procedure over and done with.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 03:35:37 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

shally0318

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 07:03:48 PM »

Hi, just my update I went into hospital yesterday and had the Mirena fitted under General anaesthetic. I have had really heavy bleeds with it out so I hope it settles with the Mirena back in and Sandrea gel.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 09:02:13 AM »

Hopefully this will sort things out for you. Thanks for updating us. I hope you're feeling ok today?

Taz X  :)

shally0318

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 10:56:17 AM »

Hi update my new mirena coil expelled itself in a massive blood clot and i have had further heavy bleeds and went back into hospital on Thursday and had a Novasure Endometrial Ablation as the doc does not want to do a Hysterectomy yet just got to see if this works.