Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Thin womb lining... advice please  (Read 723 times)

TraceyTracey

Thin womb lining... advice please
« on: November 17, 2018, 08:36:59 AM »

So I had a scan.. I have a couple of Fibroids that have grown a couple of mms in past 3 years... docs do not seem alarmed.   And a thin womb lining despite taking estrogen by patch twice weekly.   No Merina in there right now, but it's being reinserted on 29/11.  The Merina has been out for three months.  I see that the Merina causes a thin womb lining and lack of Estrogen can too.   Should I not be concerned and keep on with estrogen and Merina. thankyou

Dancinggirl

Re: Thin womb lining... advice please
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 10:12:25 AM »

If you are not using oestrogen right now, then you have nothing to worry about.  Once the new Mirena is fitted, you can then start using oestrogen again.  DG x

TraceyTracey

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 04:35:44 PM »

Hi there,  I have continued with the estrogen... should I have stopped the estrogen?  3 months what damage could estrogen only do?  Thank you

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 05:05:23 PM »

If you have had oestrogen without any opposing progesterone then your lining will probably have built up.  I suspect when you have the Mirena fitted you may well bleed for a few weeks as a result of this build up. If you have been using a low dose of oestrogen then you may not have too much trouble. You aren't causing damage as such but if you are concerned you could ask your GP for a 12 day course of oral progesterone to facilitate a proper shedding of the womb lining. If it's only 2 weeks till your Mirena is fitted, I really wouldn't worry. DG x

TraceyTracey

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 06:48:39 PM »

Thank you I get it now  :)