Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Merina fitted with cervical block - what should I expect ?  (Read 579 times)

TraceyTracey

Merina fitted with cervical block - what should I expect ?
« on: November 17, 2018, 08:29:46 AM »

Hi there. Finally having a new Merina fitted on 29 Nov via cervical block.   Can't seem to get hold of anyone at the hospital to ask.  The letter says come at 4.30 pm and nothing else.  Do I need someone to pick me up after.... or is this low pain and will I be go to the Gym after at 6.00 pm same day.   Not sure what to expect.   Thanks for any info.

Dancinggirl

Re: Merina fitted with cervical block - what should I expect ?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 10:07:27 AM »

The fitting will vary with every women.  It is a very straightforward procedure, provided you don't have an atrophied cervix or the womb is in a difficult position. The fitting can be uncomfortable for a very short while and cramping for a few hours afterwards is to be expected. Taking a couple of Ibuprofen beforehand is wise and going straight home for a quiet evening would also be sensible. if you have someone to go with you to take you home e.g. if the journey is difficult (say on public transport), then this might be good but I drove home with no problem. 

It could all go swimmingly but it's best not to plan a big date or heavy exercise directly afterwards.

Good luck.  DG x

TraceyTracey

Re: Merina fitted with cervical block - what should I expect ?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 04:36:34 PM »

Thank you  :)