Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Post menopausal discharge  (Read 1165 times)

toothbrush

Post menopausal discharge
« on: November 12, 2018, 12:38:47 PM »

Hi, very worried and hope some of you wonderful ladies may help?
I have been on femseven conti for about year and a half with no issues and before that femseven sequi. Started hrt when was about 48 and recently turned 52. Doctor changed to conti as I hadn't had any bleeds on the sequi for about a year since using it. (Had tablets before which did cause heavy periods)
Anyways , couple of weeks back I didn't change patch on usual day , I was 3 days late in swapping it ( I also have only been using half a patch for long time)
And about 4 weeks ago I started using vagifem pessaries ( 2 weeks every night then twice a week as instructed )
But for the last week to 10 days my breasts  have been super sore especially nipples . And still sore 😥.  I also had what I reckon were typical pmt symptoms , pretty ratty and craving carbs/ salty foods
(Altho that's stopped now)And developed a brown stringy discharge 4 days ago only noticeable when going to toilet and not every time . After the initial vagifem things definitely improved and moisture improved . Sorry ladies if this is all too much info .😧
I have a doctors appointment tomorrow.  Anyone else had issues like this ? I spoke to mum last night and she said she had same issue with spotting and had to come off hrt , but that was many years ago and don't think she was scanned or anything
Hope someone may help 😊

Dancinggirl

Re: Post menopausal discharge
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 02:41:03 PM »

If you didn't change your patch at the right time, then your hormone levels will have been up and down - so this might trigger the bit of brown spotting.   A slight brown discharge is usually nothing to worry about.  If you get full on bleeding then that would need to be investigated.  Do be disciplined about changing the patches.  A bit of spotting can happen in the first couple of weeks using Vagifem but the dose is so small it is likely to be causing problems.

I really, really wouldn't worry.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 04:01:16 PM »

Nowt is too much info. here  ;)

toothbrush

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 06:52:58 PM »

THank you for your replies . Much appreciated.  I have never not changed the patch at the right time before so hopefully it's that . Thankyou again 😊😊😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 06:59:57 PM »

I had a polyp which bled on contact which disappeared at peri  ::)

toothbrush

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 12:09:06 AM »

This menopause malarky certainty is strange lol 😂