Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Help I think I'm evil!  (Read 1048 times)

Imsuddenlyevil

Help I think I'm evil!
« on: November 11, 2018, 09:41:55 PM »

Hi I'm 44 and although the doctors told me I'm too you 3 years ago they finally agree I'm peril yaaàay well not really yaaay lol
Ok so there must have been an alien implant put in my head I'm either crazy happy or silently numb I want to feel happy but just can't my relationship is failing and honestly I don't have the desire to save it I just want to sit out of life for a while and be selfish. That sounds evil I know I don't want sex and I don't want cuddles I can't sleep in the same bed partly to insomnia And a temperature only rivalry by the sun during menopause, and partly because I'm avoiding sex.
I can't stand cuddles my boobs are so incredibly painful and nothing helps.
Periods are like a horror movie and like an unwanted in-law show up without notice.
I'm emotional weepy angry happy elated anxious and depressed all at once.
How long does this GO on?
Sorry for venting....stopped me killing someone for leaving the milk out of the fridge though lol.....my sense of humour seems to function btw xxxxx

Woodlands

Re: Help I think I'm evil!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 10:57:23 PM »

Hey.....
Your describing me but 7 years back when I was 48......
Yiyr not evil, crazy or owt else.... Its the change.... Not called that without good reason... Seen the gp??.
Go steady, one day at a time...
Woodlands xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 11:29:50 PM »

It's The Change - does what it says on the tin  ::)

Print off hints for husbands from here, hand over and let him read.

Browse round.  Make notes.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Keep well hydrated, have a good exercise regime and check what you are eating.  'junk' food, i.e. chocolate, makes me bloated  :-\

:welcomemm: w e have a funny room too ;-)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 08:07:21 AM »

Hi and welcome to mm Imsuddenlyevil

What you are describing sounds pretty normal for the peri meno phase. A low dose of HRT would probably help - perhaps ask your GP for Femoston 1:10 to try.

The fluctuating hormones can play havoc with our mental state as well.
Do get your partner to read the section ‘advice for husbands' and read it yourself, as it will make you realise you are not “evil” and it might also make you laugh.
It really helps if you understand what is going on and why you are so effected as you can then tackle the problem better.
Don't feel bad. DG x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 09:27:06 AM »

I had all your symptoms except the happy emotion. My husband is my soulmate but I felt like walking away. If it wasn't for our daughter I might well have done so. I knew I was bad-tempered but just didn't care. If I'd had to live with me I'd have run for the hills. I have been on HRT for a year now and am mostly back to normal, I'm sure you will be too. The 'advice for husbands' post is great, you may have symptoms you hadn't associated with peri. But do go and see your GP, you (and your partner) don't have to suffer like this.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 08:37:04 PM »

Hello Imsuddenlyevil and welcome to the forum.

As you can see you are not alone. A lot of ladies find the emotional turmoil of the menopause particularly difficult to deal with. When we had our kitchen done the electrician asked me if it was normal for women to change the way they talk to their family members as his wife was giving him and their teenage son a very hard time! I reassured him it was normal and gave him the details of this site.

I hope you feel better soon. Take care and keep posting.

K.