Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Escitalopram/Lexapro, what time do you take it?  (Read 1394 times)

keancy

Escitalopram/Lexapro, what time do you take it?
« on: November 08, 2018, 06:29:09 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Time for some advice again please. After 18 months of trial and error with HRT I have reached a stage where Hormones alone are seemingly not working so with help of the GP we trying another tack at moment.

I went onto a very small dosage of Bisoprolol ( 2.5mg, Beta Blocker) 2 weeks ago and it has made a massive difference to my Anxiety already, however I still struggle massively with daily fatigue and body-pain so upon a follow up visit yesterday my female GP suggested trying Escitalopram ( 5mg, very low ) which apparently is fairly good with Peri-menopausal symptoms ( I am not depressed, so not for that reason )

She assured me the side effects would be totally minimal and I explained I cannot be drowsy as I work with Machinery inside a Factory, she assured me it would be fine. I took the first dosage straigt after my appointment yesterday around 12.30pm-1pm and it made me a bit sleepy but ok, had a relatively good night sleep until 5am, then on off till 7am. I got up and took both the Bisoprolol and Escitalopram and went off to work for an 8am start. By 9.30am I was completely zonked out and could barely keep my eyes open, by 10.30am my Supervisor sent me home because of safety reasons. I went straight to bed and slept till 1.30pm. It took me until 3.30pm to finally come around and now at 6.30pm I am right awake  >:( :o

So here is my thinking, I was doing well with the 2.5mg of Bisoprolol in the morning the last 2 weeks so maybe I ought to take just that am as I was doing and then take the Escitalopram around 9pm at night so the worst effects happen while I hopefully get a decent night sleep from it???

Thoughts please??? Appreciated

48 - 4th year peri - Mirena Coil (1 Year) and Sandrena Gel 1mg once a day (Since May)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:32:34 PM by keancy »

BlueButterfly

Re: Escitalopram/Lexapro, what time do you take it?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:39:48 PM »

Probably best for you in the evening, a couple hours before bed. My hubby had to take his antidepressant like that. If he took it at bedtime, he had a hard time waking up so for him about 5pm worked.

keancy

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 07:45:10 PM »

Thank you. Yes perhaps around dinnertime 6-7pm.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 07:46:12 PM »

I take my ADs an hour B4 bed.  A smaller dose at breakfast.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 07:54:45 PM »

Good luck. You might have to mess around with the time but I think you'll find what works for you. And you might find as you get used to it, it won't make you so tired anymore and you can take it whenever.

keancy

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 09:25:07 PM »

Yes indeed I am hoping that too.

keancy

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 09:25:44 PM »

I take my ADs an hour B4 bed.  A smaller dose at breakfast.

Thank you

keancy

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 10:42:26 PM »

I feel absolutly aweful after only 2 days of this AD i think worse then the actual Peri symptoms.....not sure I want to stay on this medication at all