Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Evorel 75 - need more?  (Read 2629 times)

Nik2502

Re: Evorel 75 - need more?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 04:19:39 PM »

Thanks. It's just so annoying as it's not like anything they say is a surprise! I didn't think I was 10 stone this morning 😂
I'm put off with the Mirena and I think I'd rather use continuous utrogestan.
Like you say it's hit and miss until you find what works for you x

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 08:19:17 PM »

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the gynaecologist. Anyway 10 stone isn't THAT fat - depending how tall you are/frame size. If it were me it would be far too fat as I am short, but I can't see that a few pounds overweight or even a stone should stop the consultant prescribing or considering appropriate HRT.

Of course we should all aim for a healthy BMI and that is the best thing we can do as we reach this stage in life however big we have been - because this will help protect us from diseases of later life eg diabetes and heart disease which could develop later, but you can't lose that stone or whatever it is overnight - and in the meantime you want to be able to get help through this difficult stage - even while you might be deciding to tackle those pounds little by little! Great that you have a healthy lifestyle (good diet, plenty of exercise, no-smoking, minimal alcohol etc) and as you say aside from weight this helps to put you at lower risk from various conditions.

Does this mean you have not been advised about any different treatment nor has testosterone for example been suggested? What have you arrived at now?

Hope you start to feel better soon and try not to let this setback get you down!

Hurdity x

Nik2502

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 10:30:55 PM »

Hi Hurdity
Sorry my post maybe wasn't clear. What I meant was she told me I was fat like I'd be shocked - I hadn't woken up ten stone and put ten on driving down!

All she suggested was having a Mirena which I don't want. In fact I think I did most of the talking!
It definitely wasn't worth the four hour round trip and £120.

I mentioned testosterone and she said absolutely not as it would make my skin dry?!

So I'm still on Evorel 75 with utrogestan 100 days 15-26. But she said if I refused a Mirena then it should be every day.

Feel more confused to be honest!
Pages: 1 [2]