Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Setraline 50mg  (Read 2738 times)

jaypo

Setraline 50mg
« on: November 07, 2018, 07:01:53 PM »

Hi again ladies,was at really lovely dr today & eventually blabbed out all my anxiety symptoms,that alone made me feel better. I'm starting setraline tomorrow & just wanted to hear some positive things about it.dr did say I may feel worse for a week or so but to stick it out & I should start feeling better.can anyone tell me how they are on these?
Much appreciated
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 07:04:25 PM by jaypo »

PinkPepsi

Re: Setraline 50mg
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 09:23:12 PM »

Hi  jaypo,
Sorry that you've been feeling so bad with your  anxiety, it's truly awful isn't it.
I haven't been on sertraline but my daughter had then for post natal depression. I think she felt a bit queasy at first with them but that soon settled and they really helped her.
I hope they work for you.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 10:19:06 PM »

Thank you PP I'm at the stage that I can cope with a bit of nausea(got that anyway🤨) thanks for replying xx

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 06:57:16 AM »

Please use the search bar and type in sertraline.  There's been a few discussions lately which could help you

Apparently you do need to ride out the initial couple of weeks while you settle on it but then could end up being the miracle for you x

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 08:15:28 AM »

Thank you Annie xx

Bradenton69

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 09:54:01 AM »

I have just posted about Prozac and just seen this post.  Will follow it with interest.

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 12:16:57 PM »

Well I took my first tablet today with much trepidation,felt like I was taking a class A drug,never in my life have I put a stronger drug than an antibiotic into my body,almost feels like you've lost the battle but fingers crossed I feel better in a few weeks.
I have such a lovely husband who I adore & every year he takes us away on an amazing cruise over Christmas & new year,which we both look forward to & this is the first time I've thought,what if I can't get on that ship,what a let down for my husband,I'd be distraught.
Hopefully won't come to that & I'm trying to be optimistic
Thanks ladies xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 01:47:11 PM »

Talk to your husband?   Your thoughts might not be his! we can't guess what is in their minds.  DH surprises me every week  :o

Tell him your worries.  Put it into real words and listen to what he tells you!

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 04:34:33 PM »

Hi clkd thank you,he is such a good husband & I know he would do what was best for me but somehow you feel like you're such a let down  :-\ which makes me feel so bad xx

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 08:41:48 PM »

So now I've just been informed this drug can increase your chance of breast cancer,great,mother,aunt & nana all had mastectomies down to cancer,guess who won't be taking another one tomorrow,why do drs not tell you these things

Blot

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 08:04:58 AM »

Who has told you this Jaypo? I've never ever heard of antidepressants giving an increased risk of breast cancer.
Please speak to your gp about this ASAP before making any decisions as this does sound very unusual.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:12:47 AM by Blot »

jaypo

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 09:51:14 AM »

Was just a concerned lady on here,don't think she was scaremongering, I did some research on it & setraline is one that has a slight increase linked to breast cancer,it's the only reason I've never considered hrt. I've phoned dr so she'll get back to me later hopefully,I've only taken 1 tablet so no damage done.
Thank you rockhopper, I appreciate that,maybe I overreacted due to anxiety.
You're all such a lovely bunch xx

Shadyglade

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 10:32:33 AM »

That all sounds a bit odd.  The drug does not suit me but if someone told you about a cancer link they should really have supplied you with concrete info and web links :-\ :o

Bradenton69

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 11:19:47 AM »

Well I took my first tablet today with much trepidation,felt like I was taking a class A drug,never in my life have I put a stronger drug than an antibiotic into my body,almost feels like you've lost the battle but fingers crossed I feel better in a few weeks.
I have such a lovely husband who I adore & every year he takes us away on an amazing cruise over Christmas & new year,which we both look forward to & this is the first time I've thought,what if I can't get on that ship,what a let down for my husband,I'd be distraught.
Hopefully won't come to that & I'm trying to be optimistic
Thanks ladies xx

Thank you for posting this... this sums up how I am feeling  :'( and I feel so bad for my husband who says he just needs to love me more to make me better.

jaypo

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 11:54:18 AM »

Hi Bradenton, I know,it's not good is it? I too feel so bad for my husband,the person I am now is not who he married,I'm too stressed to even think about sex right now but he's a darling about it & I know he's concerned about me which I'm sure your husband is too,it's just so difficult to make them totally understand how we're feeling but I'm positive we will all get there........right girls?
Pages: [1] 2