Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anybody tried Venlafaxine for depression/anxiety?  (Read 6165 times)

Rosie77

Re: Anybody tried Venlafaxine for depression/anxiety?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 12:13:47 PM »

Crashing fatigue is common during The Change.  I remember Mum sitting down suddenly and falling asleep ......... I too can sleep when my body shuts off.  Let us know how you get on!
:thankyou:

Nik2502

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 05:56:45 PM »

Hi
I take venlafaxine 375mg and have done for about ten years. I've even been on 525mg under secondary care. I found they worked really quickly for me. I had numb hands at first but that wore off after 2 or 3 weeks.
But I've always known my problems were hormonal. I had terrible PMT as a teenager then PND followed by a big crash after an ectopic pregnancy. Since menopause my depression has been cyclical and I've hardly gone a year without a depressive episode. But since starting Evorel 75 last August I've been much better - except for the dreaded utrogestan. If I can get that right I'm hoping to wean off the Ads.
I'm seeing one of Louise Newson's team in July and not taking anymore until then - I have previously gone long cycle 12 weeks and been fine under consultant care.

racjen

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 06:14:26 PM »

The only thing you can say for certain about anti-depressants is that there's no way of knowing what will work for you until you try it. What works wonders for one person can send another into a suicidal pit of despair. I know, I've tried quite a few - some have given me really bad side-effects (panic attacks or suicidal ideation), others haven't had any bad side-effects but haven't had any beneficial effects either. I'm yet to find one that actually works, but all I know is that someone else's experience is, to be honest, irrelevant, we're all individuals.

Jules53

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 07:38:58 PM »

Hi ladies.

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while but have haven't been well. I started Venlafaxine again but unfortunately it didn't agree with me this time around. I have been on Fluoxetine (Prozac) for 5 weeks and have had heightened anxiety starting it, although, it is starting to die down a bit. On the doctor's recommendation I am also going to try 1 pump of the Oestrodose again and Utrogestan as my hot flushes and nightsweats are back with avengeance. All the symptoms have hit me like a ton of bricks again all because they stopped Femseven Conti!!!!
Hope you are all well.

Jules x
Pages: 1 [2]