Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: CT Colonoscopy / colonoscopy after effects  (Read 2045 times)

shrosphirelass

CT Colonoscopy / colonoscopy after effects
« on: October 26, 2018, 01:04:08 PM »

I had a CT colonoscopy yesterday that was quite painful and the radiologist said that some of the air had gone into my stomach. Today I am not feeling at all well.  My stomach is hurting and I'm very windy and I feel very sick. Does any one who has had one of these or a colonoscopy  know if this is this is normal? I know they said severe pain can be a sign of perforation. It's not severe, but it's very uncomfortable. I'm getting increasingly anxious that there's something wrong and I'm sure that is probably making it worse.

Evelyn63

Re: CT Colonoscopy / colonoscopy after effects
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 02:37:31 PM »

Have you any Buscopan ?   It's great for " wind spasms " and cramps so might do the trick.  You can get it OTC in any pharmacy.  Sorry can't think what else it could be but didn't want to just read and run !  Maybe try lying on your back and drawing up  your knees then gently moving them from side to side. 

Snoooze

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 03:38:04 PM »

I remember after my c-sections how painful it was due to air. I was given this exercise which is what Evelyn mentioned.

Lay on your back and bring your knees up. Move both to the right back and forth to the centre 3 times then lift your bum up off floor a few times then move knees to the left and back 3 times then lift bum up again a few times. This should make you pass the wind that is trapped! It worked for me but obviously you haven't had section but going on the trapped air theory..

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 06:05:01 PM »

Thanks will try the suggestions. Rang the doctors and they just said if it gets worse in the next 24 hours to go to hospital. Fingers crossed that wont be necessary.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 12:14:31 PM »

Well the consultant said the benefits of the CT over the traditional one was they would be able to see the gall bladder, so hopefully they will look at it.

Thankfully, I'm feeling a bit better today. I think the pain was the gas in my stomach and now I just feel as if I've been kicked in the stomach, a bit bruised and sorry for myself, but relieved. My OH has been good trying to keep me calm and as he says the reason I went for the test was because of stomach pain so it's hardly surprising to feel bad after the assault it involves!

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 07:05:39 PM »

Hi Sparkle, Thanks for asking. I'm still really suffering. My top of my stomach is constantly burning. Just don't know what to do to relieve it. The gas tablets seem to help a bit. I'm not that worried but it's quite painful and pretty constant. It's keeping me awake at night and I am permanently not with it, (more that usual!). I want to try probiotics as Ive read somewhere that after a purge that healthy bacteria in the gut is wiped out. I've been told not to have lactose to help the bowel get better, otherwise I'd have yoghurts, but I've no idea with supplements. Hate taking tablets of any kind but am desperate. Sorry for the misery. x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 07:24:33 PM »

Hi Sparkle, I actually feel a bit better, only have a stitch type pain now! The dr said they should be able to see the gallbladder on the CT scan so hopefully if there's anything wrong they'll be able to see it.  Waiting for the results now, but I'm not too worried. Think it's probably just one of those menopause things! The drs said to steer clear of dairy whilst my stomach settled. I'm back on the probiotic yoghurt now as I feel on the mend. Seriously hope I never have to go through one of those procedures again. Have never felt so bad x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 09:06:54 PM »

They said they get sent to the consultant after 2 weeks, which is this Thursday and I'm guessing he then writes to me. I think no news is good news. I'm sure if they had found anything sinister I'd have heard by now.