Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HS 2  (Read 6409 times)

Perinowpost

Re: HS 2
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 01:00:40 PM »

Good one dahliagirl.  Yes the northern part is the next phase but it is already affecting people as they've already started compulsory purchasing and removing people en-route (and then quibbling about paying out despite having contracts). The whole thing is a mess. Plus they're building a 100 foot banking to block the whole thing out. I wouldn't want it hanging over me. But I take your point Shadyglade right now Brexit is more worrying x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 01:56:14 PM »

Brexit - we can't alter any of that.  But we could march against HS2.   :'(. Except I don't have the energy.  Some people are waiting for their monies having been bought out, but the Government keeps lowering the price offered and they have no money to fight through the Courts.  A home that was in the family for 200 years and built 250 years ago.

Another family had to jump through fire hoops: the property was GradeII listed and everything down to the last screw had to be approved by English Heritage, at a cost.  Now the bulldozers are at the Gate  :'(. and the MPs are where exactly?

Katejo

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 02:41:37 PM »

Brexit - we can't alter any of that.  But we could march against HS2.   :'(. Except I don't have the energy.  Some people are waiting for their monies having been bought out, but the Government keeps lowering the price offered and they have no money to fight through the Courts.  A home that was in the family for 200 years and built 250 years ago.

Another family had to jump through fire hoops: the property was GradeII listed and everything down to the last screw had to be approved by English Heritage, at a cost.  Now the bulldozers are at the Gate  :'(. and the MPs are where exactly?
It is not too late to fight Brexit. I will be on the latest planned march on March 23rd   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-march-final-say-referendum-parliament-theresa-may-peoples-vote-a8782791.html
I am undecided about whether HS2 is worth it or not. I suspect not.

Perinowpost

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 02:43:13 PM »

Yes it's shocking (re HS2).  Re Brexit I'm not so sure, I was a remainer and think we're making a big mistake x
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:43:55 PM by Perinowpost »

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 02:43:23 PM »

Worth it in what way?  Cost?  Marching against?  What will you be wearing  ;)

Katejo

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »

Worth it in what way?  Cost?  Marching against?  What will you be wearing  ;)

Worth it in what way?   Your question baffles me completely given what I have already said about Brexit. At the very least I will be able to say in the future (to my nephews or any other young people not yet born or who don't yet have a vote) that I protested to the end.   :(

Cost Zero. I will just be walking with others through London.

marching against I have already sent you a link with a 1000 or more reasons for remaining in the EU. Freedom of movement, lack of access to medical treatments, shortages of food, end of access to the European Court of Justice........

What will I be wearing? I don't know yet but I may buy a new T Shirt for the event.

Shadyglade

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 11:05:38 AM »

I would love to be on the march on the 23rd March.  Don't know if my claustrophobia would permit me though.  I find big crowds particularly scary.  I may go up and just see how I feel when I get there. 

Katejo

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2019, 12:09:46 PM »

I would love to be on the march on the 23rd March.  Don't know if my claustrophobia would permit me though.  I find big crowds particularly scary.  I may go up and just see how I feel when I get there.
Last time (October 2018) we were only packed close together at the start. I have done all the London marches against Brexit except the one in June 2018 when I was away on holiday.

Katejo

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2019, 12:11:18 PM »

I will be on the march too. Shall we get some t-shirts printed?
Perhaps we could. I had just thought of searching Amazon to see if there were any available. Last time I just wore my Lib Dem T shirt.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2022, 12:47:02 PM »

Now that a tunnel has been ploughed through to assist this idiotic idea  >:( would any of the other services have been consulted about chipping in, i.e. for piping water from the North to the South of England ?  Have sent an e-mail to our Water Authority ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2022, 09:37:21 PM »

Perhaps it's time to realise the country's at capacity and it's time to limit the human population.

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2022, 08:31:17 AM »

Oh there's plenty of good agricultural land to be built on yet  >:(  ::) .  Even though there are properties standing empty due to landlords who can't be found, as well as Pubs..

It's lack of the different utilities getting together to use tunnels etc. in order to transfer water/electric from North to South.  It's easier to blame the house holder and put in a hose pipe ban  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]