Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: DHEA 25 mg experience?  (Read 2395 times)

ladylollipop

DHEA 25 mg experience?
« on: October 21, 2018, 03:43:00 PM »

Hello everybody., tomorrow I will start taking DHEA 25 mg . I also on HRT (patches) and low dose of venlafaxine. Who also takes DHEA ? Are you happy with it?

Lady Lollipop

Muzza

Re: DHEA 25 mg experience?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:14:18 PM »

Hi Ladylollipop

Im interested in taking these too, I think I read you should take 50ml a day?
which ones did you buy and why are you taking them ?

fingers crossed

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 07:59:48 PM »

Hi ladylillipop

I did buy some DHEA a while back and took it for quite a few months. I didn't notice any difference except I felt I was putting on more weight. I took the lowest dose 10 mg per day and have now weaned myself down to this dose every 4 days. I started taking it because  there is preliminary research tentatively showing it might be valuable although as it's a precursor to other hormones if you are taking hRT then it may seem pointless. One paper I read seemed to indicate that it might also exert an effect in its own right, not just as a precursor to the other hormones - but not enough is known about it. The other thing is it is impossilbe to know how much of each hormone ( oestrogen or testosterone) it will convert to if at all - and what the limting factor for this conversion is. Therefore if you are not taking hRT and progesterone or oestrgoen and it converted to testosterone - this wouldn't be a good idea in post-menopausal women!

There is now a licensed DHEA product available in US called I think ?Intrarosa (prasterone - from memory!) which is shown to be effective for VA and which converst to oestrgoen (and maybe testosterone?) in vaginal tissues - so there is some info on this aspect.

I bought it (the tabs) from Biovea and it comes from America but I wouldn't recommend it especially!

Hurdity x

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 01:40:19 PM »

I have taken it in higher doses and yes I too got it from Biovia.  There is a book which I read (its quite old now and was written before the medical community sort of caught up on these things - mind you I still think they haven't got there yet!) when in the depths of depression and really had no idea what was going on with my health and it was well before the menopause.  Its called the Mood Cure by Julia Ross and it covers depression, anxiety, thyroid problems adrenal fatigue, CF and all those "conditions" that the medical profession say/said were all in our heads.  I really liked the book, this is going back over 15 years and to be honest it really made sense when you read it basically I thought - yep that's me! now what to do about it!  It gave plenty of things to think about in it and plenty of research in it going back sometime to support the theories.  It is probably one of the only books like that I have bought that I would recommend.

I also got other stuff from America which is not sold here in the UK and tried with it (DLPA - DL-phyenylalanine/Same-e/L-tryptophan/melatonin (now that really works for sleeplesness)/GABA - Gamma-aminobutyric acid).  These are all amino acids that the body produces naturally but which get depleted and cannot regenerate properly for one reason or another and therefore cause mood problems, fatigue etc.  It partially worked for me but not necessarily in a spectacular way that you would rave about it but then we are all different and what works for one may not work for others.  Personally I couldnt see any danger or harm in taking the stuff as they are all chemicals the body produces anyway.  I personally felt so bad and so desperate that I was willing to try anything because I had come to the conclusion nothing could be as bad as living feeling the way I did. But some people dont like taking stuff and are very "tablet" phobic or shy away from so called "alternative medicine" but it's out there and it may work - its everyones own choice.

ladylollipop

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:57:58 PM »

Hello Muzza, Thanks for you reply . A friend of mine who is a gynecologist described these pills. The name is VitaBasix. I‘ve read that the pills could help to stabilize the mood etc. I still suffer a bit from anxiety . I am  on HRT since end of July and take a low dose of antidepressant. Not happy taking antidepressant but I couldn't cope with this anxiety. But it is not totally gone so I thought I‘ll give dhea a try.have not started yet.

Lady lollipop

ladylollipop

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 07:00:16 PM »

Forgot to write that my testosterone is low so I was told dhea could help.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 07:03:19 PM »

If you're going to take something extra then better to take DHEA than ADs - as Ladybt says at keast DHEA is something that the body produces anyway. The only potential danger is in dosage - it's not been worked out - and whether it does convert to oestrogen or testosterone or both and how much. If you are already on HRT then there is less worry. It's not really alternative medicine as such because it is one of our body's compounds - but because there is currently no licensed formulation in UK then I presume that counts as alternative. Personally I would take a low dose if you're going to try it. As I said in US there IS a licensed product for VA so that formulation is mainstream conventional medicine. Not oral use for depression though at this point. I'm repeating myself aren't I?!!

Hurdity x

Gemsie

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2022, 11:11:04 AM »

I am starting DHEA. Am also on patches.
How did it go with you guys?
I can’t find anything about how it helped or if it didn’t?

Marchlove

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 12:09:10 PM »

Hi Gemsie

I take Low dose Dhea (I don’t take testosterone though as it will convert).

My dosage was 10mg but have reduced to 5mg. I take it first thing upon waking.
How do you know you need it, did you do a cortisol and Dhea saliva test.

Cortisol and Dhea should be in a ratio of approx 2:1. X