Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: rosacea and my skin feels burnt  (Read 801 times)

arc73

rosacea and my skin feels burnt
« on: October 20, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »

Hi all

Skimming through the search function I know rosacea is a common complaint as this time. I got diagnosed earlier in the week and am now trying antibiotic gel as an initial treatment. What I also developed on Monday was burning skin but I am unsure if this is linked to the rosacea or some endless hot flush. I'm 45, still with regular periods although I started spotting for 7-10 days before them just over a year ago. I have had a few night sweats, maybe the odd really mild hot flush, I'm not on any HRT or birth control. I'm definitely perimenopausal but not hugely far along I suspect.

I often get a very warm face after eating, or walking into a warm room and I really hate being inside anywhere that is hotter than 20 degrees, but Monday night my face went warm after dinner, Tuesday it stayed warm plus all down my neck, upper arms and upper back and only eases off late evening when I tend to cool down anyhow. I'm not sweating, I don't even feel super warm internally, not does my face look flushed (only redness is where the rosacea pustules are next to my nose). It feels like my skin is burning.

What is this, what can I do about it? A lady in Holland & Barrett said Aloe Vera gel, but that did sod all

Ladybird 2

Re: rosacea and my skin feels burnt
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 08:34:09 PM »

Hi & welcome, this seems to be something that has just happened this year to me & instead of going to Dr I have been doing some research for milder treatments such as Avene which has anti-redness moisturiser & is calming. Also using dermalex Rosacea treatment antibiotic free from chemist, which is good before & after swimming - extremes of hot & cold makes it worse the sun & alcohol all make this condition worse.
La Roche Posey make a very good sun protection for sensitive skin Factor 50 for future is advisable & make sure there is no alcohol in your cleanser & toner just very gentle skin care.I did try bio oil this week as a healing massage which was nice, it does need proper diagnosis I have lots of red blood vessels appeared this year so would want them treated
Hope you find this of some help & keep us updated with how you are getting on with any treatment you might try?
Best wishes LB   

arc73

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 09:13:58 PM »

Hi Ladybird 2

I had been trying to manage it with a mixture of Savlon and tea tree oil, but that just made it really dry, so I then changed to Neals Yard calming body butter which I have used for years without issues when my face is dry. No significant improvement. I use Liz Earle facial wash and have done for years. I don't have any broken blood vessels and I'm not really a rosy faced person, I don't blush or go red due to heat or exercise easily. Just the damn rash :(

Do you get the generalised burning as well?

arc73

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 06:22:27 PM »

I was talking to my mum last night, who I take after in most of our ailments - PMS, IBS, RBF (resting bitch face) and just bemoaning the fact that I was expecting hot flushes and periods getting further apart, but not the indigestion, the spotting and the spots before things have really even kicked off. She skipped through it without much fuss from what she remembers, and to her surprise as well.

I'll be glad when it does pass, I have crooked teeth, long thin hair that I can't do much with at all (and I don't suit it above my shoulders at all) and plenty of character lines. Opted to cultivate the outdoorsy slightly witchy look as I can't manage much else and suddenly I'm having to wear makeup to even leave the house. My skin being generally clear was one of the good points about my face that I could seize on. oh woe!!!!

I take it massive 'put a bag over my head or shoot me' pity parties are one of the other hormonal treats too?

Ladybird 2

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 06:55:21 PM »

Hi arc,
Yes I have been having the burning, that is why I got the Avene which also does a spring water spray too - so soothing it is also used for baby nappy rash :D
I have to wear a hat in the sun now as this really aggravates the burning sensitivity, so 1st thing in the morning factor 50 for sensitive skin especially on the nose area seems to keep burning feeling at bay.
Hopefully this will go after meno but will just keep trying to prevent by calming which is working at the moment now - I have only had it about 4 months but the burning has been horrible so I can sympathise:/
Best wishes for calming relief,
LB

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 04:27:50 PM »

Hello  arc73 and welcome to the forum.

I don't have rosacea but with the menopause who knows what's on the horizon? In the same month my periods finished I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis which is an inflammatory disease and I recall being told that other inflammatory conditions such as rosacea could occur. Perhaps it would be worth doing some research seeing if any anti inflammatory treatments could help.

Btw I love your sense of humour and I definitely have the RBF these days!

Take care.

K.