Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Estrogel wearing off towards the end of the day  (Read 17705 times)

SueLW

Re: Estrogel wearing off towards the end of the day
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 04:30:19 PM »

Hello all
Advice or experiences please
Does estrogel slowly build up and store in the body, or does it literally last for the 24 hours approx, dropping off towards the end ?
I feel as though my levels start dropping approx 14 hours after application, and then, by morning it is as though there is nothing left in me - with a restless night to boot !
Within an hour of applying in the morning, I can slowly feel my head improving.
I am currently on 3 pumps daily. I apply 1 on each thigh and 1 to an arm - all in the morning.
Anyone experience the wearing/dropping off on the gel ?

I certainly could feel the gel wearing off when I was on 2 pumps a day.  I now use 3.5 a day.  2 in the morning and 1.5 in the evening about 12 hours apart and I will go up to 4 pumps a day next week I think.   

JacksJacks2

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 10:56:40 AM »

My headaches have increased this past week, so I have split my 4 pumps a day with 2 per morning and 2 per evening. I notice a major improvement within an hour of applying in the morning - not so much in the evening. I have been struggling to sleep this past few weeks and just recently been having really vivid dreams - some not very nice. Not sure why !
I got my testosterone levels back from the hospital <0.4 and my Dr is thinking this could be cause of the headaches, but cannot prescrible any testosterone as not licensed other than by Menopause clinic - my next appoinment with them is Feb 2019.
Interestingly to learn, what little bit of testosterone my body is making, might be converting to estrogen to boost that... I don't appear to be winning lately.
I will persevere with Estrogel until Nov 27th, then have to have a blood test and also start Utrogestan. If I don't feel any better by then, I will swap back to Evorel but will start at either 75mg or 100mg.
It is all so depressing isn't it !!

NorthArm

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 08:46:22 PM »

I'm on a 75mcg patch, and I've found that on the day I was due to change it (3.5 days) I would start proper flushing again - more mildly than before patches, but still....

So, I'm now changing my patch every third day, which seems to be helping, but will ask my gynae for 100mcg patch script when I have the Mirena inserted just in case I need more xx

Optimist

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2018, 08:02:39 AM »

I'm using the Estradot patches, just over 3 weeks and, scuse the language but i feel bloody awful so far. The worst I've felt since starting any HRT x

Alli O just to say I felt awful at first in estradot but persevere as it does get much better x
Pages: 1 [2]