Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Looking for advice please  (Read 2408 times)

Friendlygal

Looking for advice please
« on: October 25, 2018, 10:29:41 PM »

Hi all. I'm hoping for some advice on alternative therapies after anti-depressants and hrt did not suit me. My anxiety is getting really bad and my mood is so low. Feel absolutely worthless and that there is literally no point to me. Also feel hopeless in the fact that I've tried so many different medications and hrt! Does anyone else feel like this?

Taz2

Re: Looking for advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 11:47:43 PM »

No advice about alternative therapies but just wanted you to know your  post had been read.

I see that you were on oestrogel. Have you stopped it now?  Some women also find the mirena can effect mood but I'm not sure how long you've had yours fitted?

Taz x :hug:

BlueButterfly

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 11:01:40 PM »

Have you tried any alternative therapies yet?

rebel2

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 11:24:23 PM »

I've tried lots of things and the best for me is always exercise.  I run, but cycling, yoga, Zumba, whatever floats your boat.  It distracts the mind and being fitter makes you more able to face the day.

Good luck.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 09:44:42 AM »

Hi and welcome to mm Friendlygirl
We need more information to be able to help you.
Your age?
What your periods are doing, if you are still having them?
What HRTs have you tried?
What menopause symptoms you are trying to control?
Anxiety and low mood are very common when meno hits but have suffered with this before the menopause ?

Have tried CBT and relaxation techniques?
I'm afraid hrt and/or ADs are often the best prescribed treatment for menopausal anxiety but the only true alternative is to concentrate on lifestyle - so good diet, exercise and relaxation- don't waste your money on remedies.  Small changes can make a big difference.
Keep posting. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 07:49:20 PM »

Hi there - and just to agree that as well as HRT - diet and exercise are the most important things you can do to help yourself feel well - and especially exercise outside - in fresh country air if you can find some! Also reducing alcohol intake and giving up smoking ( if you do that is). Getting to healthy BMI and pampering yourself to make you feel good about yourself - clothes hair etc....., getting out and about with friends (or relatives), - social relaxation, music....

Hurdity x