Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: worried - GP unable to fit mirena  (Read 924 times)

kristina12

worried - GP unable to fit mirena
« on: September 28, 2018, 05:50:22 AM »

Hi
I went for my mirena coil fitting on Tuesday so that I can change from femoston 2/10 (oral HRT gives me digestive problems) to the oestrogen patch. However after my GP (who used to be a gynae doctor) and the nurse attempted about 10 times to visualise my cervix but they had to give up. I am now being referred to the hospital.
Has anyone else experienced this? I am worried because she said that she could feel my cervix really easily every time she examined me but as soon as they used the speculum it disappeared. My GP said she had no idea why it was being pushed back and they tried a few different sized speculums. The nurse also experienced this when I had my smear a few months ago but I have never had this problems before and my GP said it isn't tilted or anything when she examined me and she removed a polyp from my cervix easily a few years ago.
She told me not to worry but I am worrying and now have to wait to hear from the hospital. In the meantime as Femseven patches are not available she has prescribed me the combined pill microgynon to take temporarily while I wait as I had got on well with this previously (it didn't upset my digestive system). She said it may help a bit as it overrides the normal cycle and balances out hormones but may not take all the symptoms away.
x

Dancinggirl

Re: worried - GP unable to fit mirena
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 07:36:34 AM »

I think this is quite a common problem - everything gets squashed and becomes lax in our abdominal area. When I had a biopsie done a couple of years ago the gynae had to use something to hold my cervix in place to stop it moving about while he took the samples. Hopefully the hospital will have more luck. DG x

Vieja Bruja

Re: worried - GP unable to fit mirena
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 02:00:59 PM »

Hi,  I couldn't get the coil because my cervix was too hard - apparently because I've never had a natural birth (I had a C-section) - it was extremely painful so they said the only way they could do it was if I had a local anaesthetic internally, that was NOT going to happen so that idea was binned pretty quickly lol !