Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sore arm after flu jab  (Read 2204 times)

Annie0710

Sore arm after flu jab
« on: October 12, 2018, 08:40:38 AM »

Hi Ladies

I've had the flu jab for quite a number of years now as I'm asthmatic and have  always been ok afterwards but this time (wed) my arm is still painful to touch, hurts when I put it in certain positions, as i don't remember ever suffering like this it'd be interesting to hear if this is normal from the ladies here who have the jab each year x

Joaniepat

Re: Sore arm after flu jab
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:53:21 AM »

Hi Annie0710, I had mine on Tuesday and suffered the same effects this year. The vaccination site is still a bit swollen but otherwise OK this morning. It has also made me cough a bit, and this has happened to a couple of other people I know. I had the adjuvanted trivalent version because I am over 65. I can't remember it being this troublesome before.
JP x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »

Sore arm is quite normal and probably indicates that it's working.  I felt a bit unwell for 2-3 days as well. Dg x

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 09:12:28 AM »

That's interesting Joaniepat, thanks for replying.  I have either red circle/marks or bruising, some about 10p dotted around around the site too x

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 09:14:07 AM »

DG ive never noticed any of this before, yes I still feel a bit under the weather with flushed cheeks too, the pneumonia one has been no problem at all x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 10:07:57 AM »

Show the reaction to the Nurse who administered the jab, take 'photos today!   The medical profession often deny such issues occur!

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 11:27:17 AM »

Hi Ladies

I've had the flu jab for quite a number of years now as I'm asthmatic and have  always been ok afterwards but this time (wed) my arm is still painful to touch, hurts when I put it in certain positions, as i don't remember ever suffering like this it'd be interesting to hear if this is normal from the ladies here who have the jab each year x
I have had it done this week but no effects at all.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »

Ok I don't get the flu jab, not my thing yet, but I know people here are having similar reactions to it this year....very sore, very red on the shoulder where they got it. Not sure if it's the same brand or whatever but find this interesting.

Shadyglade

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 01:26:25 PM »

A friend of my husband had a severe reaction last year. He ended up in intensive care in Kings hospital.

Food for thought.  :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 01:46:05 PM »

We don't have them either. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 08:56:57 PM »

I had my flu jab and my arm was sore for about 3 days.
No swelling or anything, although I could see where the needle went in,
found it hard to sleep on that arm, and sometimes when I moved in a certain way.
All gone now though, and everything's hunky dory....

Justjules

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 09:52:59 PM »

Nurse told my Mum to expect a sore arm with this year's jab.

Annie0710

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 11:33:59 PM »

Well it's now 48 hrs since the soreness started, jab was wed morning and soreness started wed evening, to the point I couldn't raise the arm.  Red marks are still there and a definite hardness to jab site and still tender to touch but I can now raise my arm as if to do a chicken impression without too much discomfort (not that I do chicken impressions) so hopefully I'm now over the worst x