Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: What next after Evorel Conti  (Read 1954 times)

Acph71

What next after Evorel Conti
« on: October 11, 2018, 11:52:12 AM »

Hi there, I'm totally new to this and have never ”forumed” before.., but I really could do with some guidance. I'm 47 and have been on Evorel Conti for a year now.!t was amazing,these patches literally changed my life. I was diagnosed with CFS 10 years ago due to symptoms of fatigue and muscle aches primarily amongst a number of other things. I tried absolutely everything I could to get to the bottom of the symptoms as I wasn't convinced about CFS. Anyway almost immediately after taking Evorel Conti my symptoms went away. Absolutely amazing - and I also felt entirely rejuvenated, my skin looked great, I felt great. Disappointingly, over the past few months the aches and pains and the fatigue, anxiety, sleeplessness have all returned. I've been to the doctor who initially prescribed Femseven but they won't be back in supply until Oct 19 apparently and so the next step I am told is the Mireno coil. I'm not keen on that idea and so I'm looking at what alternatives there may be as I clearly need something a little stronger now. I'd ideally like to stay on patches or have a cream...any suggestions would be really really gratefully received??
Thank you very much 😊

linz57

Re: What next after Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 12:03:57 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum!
I too have been using FemSeven Conti and am trying to find a suitable alternative. If you prefer to stay on patches you could try FemSeven Sequi, this would mean you having to have monthly bleeds again but might be worth it if you tolerate the FemSeven well.
Unfortunately there are no progesterones available by themselves  in patch form ( only combi patch)
You could also try the Utrogestan 100mg pill and use it vaginally instead of orally, along with a separate estrogen patch.
Hope you soon get sorted!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:40:41 PM by linz57 »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 01:41:33 PM »

Don't rule out the Mirena as it has the same progesterone as in Femseven but less will be absorbed systemically and this may be a big plus for you.
Mirena with oestrogen as patch or gel is often the best hrt combo.
DG x

Acph71

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 02:00:18 PM »

Thank you both for your replies...both are really helpful. I think that what I wrote may have suggested that I'd tried the Femseven, but this isn't the case. The lack of availability meant that I'm still on the Evorel Conti until an alternative is sourced. I'm booked in for the Mireno in two weeks so I may have another chat to the doc in the meantime and discuss both of your suggestions. Thanks very much ladies! :)

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »

Try Oestrogel and Utrogestan . Works very well for me x

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 10:03:29 PM »

If you were in peri I'd say you needed a higher dose. Were you definitey meno (not had a period for at least a year) before you started HRT? My symptoms all came back and then went again when the dose was increased, but I am in peri so this is because my body is producing less.

NorthArm

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 05:53:08 AM »

Can you take a smaller oestrogen only patch such as Estradot 25 alongside the Evorel patch? I believe some women do this with good results x

Acph71

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 12:40:23 PM »

Thank you Dotty and sheila99...yes defo meno. Symptoms started several years earlier but a full year had gone without a period when I started the hrt. I'm going to take all your suggestions to the GP for them to consider. Many thanks😊