Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femoston Conti feedback please?  (Read 1008 times)

Jaceyc

• First Flush
Femoston Conti feedback please?
« on: October 11, 2018, 09:19:26 AM »

My GP has prescribed Femoston Conti 0.5/2.5 for ongoing menopausal symptoms.  I am really nervous about taking it and wondered if anyone could give me some feedback on how you find it?
My main concerns are side effects and whether it makes things like facial hair, thinning (head) hair and skin worse or better?
Any feedback on any side effects / experiences would be really appreciated cos I'm in such a pickle here!!
Thank you x

Cazikins

Re: Femoston Conti feedback please?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 01:27:34 PM »

Hi Jaceyc,
I have been on this ultra low dose tablet for over 3 years. They are one of the lowest doses of HRT I know of in tablet form.
I am 61 & I have cut them down to half a tablet a day, as one day I aim to come off it completely  ::) although I am under no pressure from my GP at present.
I have found them an excellent way to manage my symptoms of flushes.
At first I had 4 months of spotting & light bleeding but I stuck it out & have been clear since (apart from a couple of times which were
 bothersome fibroids & polyps & were removed).
I can't say I noticed too many side effects, but yes I do think possibly a bit extra facial hair but that is managed with a handy little shaving gadget.
For me personally the few mild side effects were far outweighed by the relief I get from hot flushes.

I would suggest you give them a go. Don't expect too much success to happen straight away. Be patient as hopefully after a few months you will begin to notice an improvement. Look upon it as an aid & not a cure.
Let us know how you get on & don't be nervous, for me they did more good than harm.

Cazikins x

Jaceyc

• First Flush
Re: Femoston Conti feedback please?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 07:43:38 PM »

Thank you Cazikins
It is really helpful to hear your feedback.
I am a bit paranoid about facial hair and don't want to take anything that might worsen it.  I was hoping that the female hormones might help to improve the situation.  I dont get course or dark hair but have a lot of fine fair downy hair.
I have suffered from awful hot flushes but they seem to improve in the cooler weather.  My moods and anxiety have been the hardest thing to deal with but I have been trying to cope without pills.
Decisions Decisions!!..... x