Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Day 3 of Eastrodose -feeling awful  (Read 868 times)

AngieB

• First Flush
Day 3 of Eastrodose -feeling awful
« on: June 27, 2020, 07:02:45 PM »

I'm new here and hoping I'm posting correctly apologies if not. I am on day 3 of Eastrodose (2 pumps). First time taking HRT. I felt okay the first two days, today I feel awful. I've had palpitations all day and feel absolutely exhausted and dizzy. Scared to take it tomorrow now. Has anyone else had these problems? Not sure whether to stop.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Day 3 of Eastrodose -feeling awful
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 07:36:54 PM »

Hi!  it may be your ovaries joining in ?  Maybe put the name of the product into the search box on the Forum and see what pops up?  Make notes ;-)

:welcomemm:   Could you drop to 1 pump for a few days to see if you feel better?  2 may be too high initially.

AngieB

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 07:43:54 PM »

I tried to do a search but there was so much information but couldn't find anything about palpitations. I think I will try one pump tomorrow and see what happens. Not sure I can cope with another day like today. Thank you for replying 😊 xx

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 08:06:20 PM »

I would reduce to one pump too then build back up half a pump at a time. Where are you in meno? I started on 2  in peri but if you're post meno it's better to start on 1 as you've been deprived of oestrogen for so long. Are you on continuous progesterone? That can have side effects too.

AngieB

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 08:26:49 PM »

I'm guessing peri still. My last two periods were three months between. Haven't had anything since April.
I'm going to try one pump tomorrow and see what happens. Thank you for the help xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 09:16:33 AM »

Let us know how you get on?   Maybe 1 pump on alternate days?  It's about managing symptoms and can take a while to feel comfy.

Do you keep a mood/symptom/diary to chart progress?

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 11:56:09 AM »

I wouldn't use it on alternate days as you need consistent levels. Whatever dose you take it should be the same amount and roughly the same time each day.

AngieB

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 02:08:54 PM »

I did one pump this morning and put it on inner mid thigh to knee instead of shoulder.  I feel much better today. I'm still a bit fluttery but nowhere near what it was yesterday. I've been getting quite bad period pain since I started but no bleeding. Going to stick with this for a week, and then maybe try to add a half pump if all goes well. Thank you so much for all the advice.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 03:14:52 PM »

That's OK!  Let us know how you get on.